Let's see your paincave!

Damn some really nice setups. Mine is fairly simple. I am in my shed, using my BBQ as a stand; having a brick as wheel support and training on a dumb trainer :slight_smile:

If i need a fan, i just open the doors :slight_smile:

16 Likes

Love your sense of humor. Had tears in my eyes. :joy:

:+1:

1 Like

Did you listen to the latest podcast? :crazy_face: Aging athletes need more protein.

3 Likes

I have been playing around with a design for a rolling stand to build but seeing your post inspired me to look into this with a folding shelf bracket. That way it is out of the way when not in use. Thank you. What model bracket did you use?

1 Like

Seriously look into a stronger fan. Or at least an additional fan. That little one will be ok on your face, but the rest of you will want something soon.

• Wahoo Kickr (for road and TT bikes)
  • Kreitler Rollers (for track bikes, to be replaced by InsideRide E-Motion rollers in a week or so)
  • iPad Mini 4 projected via screen mirroring and Apple TV
  • Monitor (I prefer it on the floor tilted up so I don’t have to strain my neck to ride)
  • I don’t use speakers, but prefer bluetooth over the ear headphones
  • Giant fan

What could be better? Well, for starters, I’d like a giant 60" monitor! :smile:

9 Likes

Luckily I have a nice temp controlled space I’m set up in, but yeah, a fan addition/upgrade is on the radar.

I used a 12" (30cm) brass hinge. It comes with all 12 screws, however I used six 1 1/2" (~40mm) deck screws to affix the hinge to the wall.

EDIT: The shelf is reinforced with a parachute cord suspension system using screw in eyelets. To keep it from falling down when stowed I used a spring loaded gate latch

Thank you. I am thinking about using a folding shelf system to do something similar.

1 Like

Can you share the website for that product please?

Could be this one: https://purelycustomfit.com/product/wheel-riser/

1 Like

Yes, that’s the one: https://purelycustomfit.com/product/wheel-riser/ It cost less than the wahoo climber. Climbing Simulator for Indoor Bike Trainer | KICKR CLIMB | Wahoo Fitness, but you have to get off your bike and adjust it manually. I have a portable electric drill to quickly adjust it.

1 Like

Dude–it works for you and better to be frugal!

that BMC is beautiful

1 Like

Thank you! You will probably like my main track racing bike, then :slight_smile:

15 Likes

Holy s#$&, that’s beautiful.

2 Likes

Yes! We need need more track & fixed gear representation here.

1 Like

Are those for sound proofing your walls? I used to have a wahoo kickr but got rid of it because the noise it made resulted in permanent hearing damage–tinnitus.

I think this would be better in theory than in practice. That is unless your bike is set-up way far back from it.

Not a problem for me. I wear a sweat band and the fan is blowing so hard and evaporating sweat so fast that it’s not a problem. They do get sweaty, for sure, just not so bad to where i can’t wear them.

I really need to get a set of bluetooth ear buds…just not sure what to get. I absolutely abhor my Apple wired ear buds…have to be the worse possible designed ear buds in history.

1 Like