Let's see your paincave!

Class pain Cave. Love all the medals and race numbers and the Motivational text on the walls.

So I only have an old wooden shed to use for my indoor training. I live in a small country town in Australia and it gets quite hot!!! The shed is 70 years old and falling apart but I found some old paint lying around so I gave the walls a lick. Trying to convince the wife to let me bring this stuff inside… Maybe a silent trainer??? Any tips would be appreciated!!!

25 Likes

Great setup, like the black board idea.

2 Likes

New setup, in from the garage to basement. Need to add another fan.

14 Likes

Just need a foam mat, cheap $30 from Bunnings.

1 Like

Love the stand. We use those at work for lighting rigs.

1 Like

Last year I used Sufferfest…this year I will prep for tri season with TrainerRoad.

12 Likes

@Smithy Love the chalk board idea. +1 eat plants

Kickr Core is super quiet. I used to have to work out in my garage and it crushed motivation. That’s a pricey upgrade, though.

One thing that helped me in the garage was having some place to toss clothing without interrupting my workout (e.g. having to be careful where I put it) or tossing it on the dirty ground. That way, I could leave my apartment and know that I’d be able to layer up/down as much as necessary based on whatever temperature it was going to be outside at the time.

1 Like

Pfft! Luxury.

:wink:

1 Like

I think the results here are skewed. The people with really nice pain caves love to share them. The people with dungeons, generally don’t.

I say us dungeon masters start sharing our pathetic, dark, cluttered messes and without shame!

5 Likes

is this dungeon enough?

ok my set up is not really that bad… but more a work in progress

10 Likes

Nice @EdMuggles, is that a DR650 there?

heehee yep, 70,000km and still going strong :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

With a name ending with “dawg” you absolutely had to have asthma :wink:

old fixie on a Kurt Kinetic, with a Power Tap hub. Used bike, used trainer, new hub was less than the cost of a nice smart trainer. No parts to sweat nuke.

a 48 x 17 gives me everything I need during the winter. I don’t do sprints, but this gearing allows me to do anything from zone 1 to low zone 6.

4 Likes

Begs the question… Why the Brake Hoods then?

I hold onto the top or drops when doing TR workouts!

If he’s training to ride a normal road bike outside, the hoods are a very common hand position. Make sense to have it inside, for specificity… not to mention more options to mix up the loading on the body.

2 Likes

Exactly, Chad. The dummy hoods are there to have that hand position, so everything lines up like my road bike.

3 Likes

Updated the Pain cave a little.

9 Likes

Thanks so much for the tip @freeridr05. Ill have to look into a little bucket for the clothes. And yes, Kickr Core is expensive hey!