Let's see your paincave!

Few shots of our home gym below. The space gets used almost daily by wife and I.

Quick rundown of the gear:

*** Weightlifting / strength ***

Rogue power rack (custom cut to 7 feet)
Body Solid plate loaded cable machine
Dumbells 10-50 pounds
Olympic barbell and plates
Variety of 1" plates, Bars, EZ Curl bar, jump ropes, resistance bands, plyo balls and foam rollers
TRX training system
Chin/Pull up bar bolted to floor joists
Adjustable platform for plyometric box jumps

*** Endurance Training ***

Bike trainer (Kurt) and eMotion rollers
Concept 2 rower (not shown)

12x14 foot 1" thick open mat area for yoga, P90X, Les Mills or whatever program the wife is running today :slight_smile:

390F%20Front

3/2/2019 Added - Wife in the Cage doing Pin Presses :-]

16 Likes

Man I wish we had basements in Texas…

3 Likes

I don’t know how people live without basements, where do you put all your sh*t? It’s amazing having another entire floor. Also, it provides a perfect pain cave that tends to be just a bit cooler than the rest of the house no matter the season. I train underground man! I don’t understand you surface dwellers…

9 Likes

I wish we had basements/bigger houses in the…UK!

You guys are either all rich or your houses are cheap :thinking:
:smile:

:sob:

8 Likes

I’d breakdown in tears if I saw VO2 intervals on that screen!

1 Like

Man, your kid is gonna be pissed when they find out you built your weight rack outta their construction toys! :open_mouth:

1 Like

I have the essentials. Hope to finish the basement some day but this will do for now. Laptop swaps between the trainer and treadmill.
IMG_0545

4 Likes

LoL - I’m the only kid in the house and wife is a full enabler. Life is good :wink:

2 Likes

Spot the bike.

19 Likes

Top right

5 Likes

Spot the crushing despair.

2 Likes

It’s not much but it gets the job done… I use an old dumb trainer, in my shed that’s quite cluttered, no fan yet… Using my fiancée’s bike as it’s too much faff to continually swap the bike onto the trainer and off

11 Likes

I think we need some interventions, via “Pimp my Paincave”, or “Cycling Horders”… not sure which is more important :stuck_out_tongue:

24 Likes

“My Bike Hoarding Life”

2 Likes

MarieKondo_Netflix_Website_TUWMKHero_768x

12 Likes

I think he’s gonna need some bigger baskets than what Ms. Kondo’s offering.

5 Likes

In fairness most of the stuff in the shed belongs to my landlord

2 Likes

Regardless, I would feel the uncontrollable need to sort, organize, and stack that tornado of junk into something far more sightly and less risky of tripping, etc.

That mess is crazy. I know that doesn’t bother everyone, but it would haunt my dreams.

14 Likes

Kicker core cheap but amazing lasko oscillating fan

8 Likes

I didn’t want to post it, but it triggers me somewhat as well. I’m not fastidiously neat but need a certain sense or order.

2 Likes