Let's see your paincave!

Out of shot is my headwind to try and keep me cool, room not finished yet but getting there.

7 Likes

My stationary bike setup, I use two monitors so I can run TrainerRoad on one and e.g. Netflix on the other. The bike doesn’t support ANT+ by default, so I had to implement that using a Raspberry Pi with an ANT±stick in order to use TrainerRoad etc via ANT+ FE-C.

15 Likes

Not the latest photo, there where some upgrades. Upgrades are permanent :slight_smile:

IMG_0190

6 Likes

Here’s mine. I’m actually facing my main telly (not in picture). I’m using a tablet that I will place on that black high chair that has ANT+ for my HR strap and Quarg PM.

2 Likes

My first post here, and I’m amazed by some of the spaces you guys have!

Not really an option here in Manhattan, unfortunately. This is my setup. I work and train at the same desk.

:smile:

When I’m done I just fold the Kickr’s legs and slide it next to the sofa bed (at least when we don’t have guests).

5 Likes

Damn…pretty cool

This is my Paincave, on the music stand i have my laptop with TR and on the screen the most time Netflix. The most important piece is my fan, without i will melt in a minute…

6 Likes

Some of yall have fantastic lighting. I keep my room reasonably dark, I dont know why, but it helps my mindset. Some of these rooms are lit like operating rooms.

4 Likes

How do you find the Headwind. Over priced I know but is it effective.

2 Likes

Agree it’s a steep price to pay but for a single fan I think it’s a great bit kit. I was struggling earlier this year with overheating with no base layer or jersey and just a desk fan trying to cool me but now with the headwind I find that I’m wearing a base layer, run it at 25-50% most of the time and under extremes I can run it at 75-90% and it’s keeping me cool. Not used it paired to my hr strap or speed as frankly it makes no sense to use it this way, I use the app and control it based on the interval upcoming and my needs.
Noise wise you can hear it with no headphones on in the room but I never hear it with headphones and Netflix or music playing, wife says she can’t hear it downstairs.
I would recommend it but you have address the elephant in the room, it’s eye wateringly expensive, come on Wahoo get a grip. Had I not sold a few bits and bobs I would not have bought it, it’s £200 in the uk and yeh I got some discount but still ouch.
Any other questions just ask.

1 Like

I have some smart bulbs that I can alter the mood in the room, it’s normally darker during training for me too.

2 Likes

Nice! What kind of saddle is that on the right hand bike?

I’m contemplating the upgrade but after taking the hike on and off a few times, I got used to using the little spacer. But that’s months of swearing. It’s good to know they started shipping, though.

Same here. I find that additional stimulus very important to reduce RPE.

2 Likes

My pain cave is the garage, which has been converted to the only room in the house that is still MOSTLY mine (I have 4 kids and they are liquid, they slowly spread into every empty space…). Anyway, The over head lights are obviously task focused, very bright LED tubes in industrial fixtures, however, because I spend some non work time out there, I’ve also begun to transition to some smart bulbs in random fixtures. I’ll post some pics when I get home tonight, but I just chimed in to say that’s a really good idea. :wink::+1:t4:

4 Likes

Where did you get that stand? Expensive? I’m thinking about something like that as a good spot for a laptop or ipad.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B06Y6L4XG2/ref=ya_aw_od_pi?ie=UTF8&psc=1%5Bhttps://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B06Y6L4XG2/ref=ya_aw_od_pi?ie=UTF8&psc=1%5D(https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B06Y6L4XG2/ref=ya_aw_od_pi?ie=UTF8&psc=1)

Pretty inexpensive. Works great.

For fans, I went with a carpet drying blower, as this seemed to be the best CFM/$ ratio. It’s not as easy to aim, as it’s designed to just blow along the ground, and the air stream is fairly narrow. I’ve been happy with this one - it is quite powerful, has 3 speeds, and was $99 for 900 CFM.

I have a few smaller blower as well, but this one is dramatically more powerful. I got it towards the end of the summer as I was doing some workouts in the afternoons, and it made a big difference in my cooling.

Obviously some of these guys are not married.

11 Likes

Just the basics…my old Trek sitting on a Kickr Snap.

9 Likes