Join us live for another episode of the Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast! We’ll be covering why retired pro cyclists are still so fast, years after retirement, how cadence and different muscles affect fatigue, and some recent research on nutrition hacks. Tune in Thursday, April 4 at 8:00am Pacific.
Youtube Live Video:
Topics covered in this episode:
- Why your bike may be heavier than you think
- How pomegranates make you faster
- Why retired pro cyclists are still so fast
- Why training at a younger age increases your potential
- How training changes your body at a cellular level
- How to train during holidays
- How to get rid of a rider in a breakaway
- What to do if you are the weakest or strongest rider in a group
- Does “salt loading” work?
- What should you do after you peak?
- How to know if you should train short or sustained power
- Which muscles make the most power?
- Why most people misunderstand the role of glutes in the pedal stroke
- How cadence affects fatigue
- Returning to training from injury
- How to race “hot dog” criteriums