My Polarized Training Experience (Chad McNeese & others)

But it IS a start :slight_smile: I made up my own “VT1” Ramp Test base on input from you @sryke in this thread:

My VT1 came out slightly higher than MAF (boy that guy sure got lucky with his little calculation, didn’t he), and almost exactly where Matt Fitzgeralds calculator put me. @tomblack It put me at 77% FTP (very close to what you see). Also I believe it was Trevor Connor who pointed out 2.5hr power for LT1, but Seiler didn’t disagree with him.

@sryke The point about knowing VT1 (or whatever threshold) “not solving the puzzle” I think is very valid. Once one knows a threshold (even if accurately), do you train slightly below it, right at it, or above it. Heck, maybe ever over-unders! :slight_smile: Interestingly, the lower end of TR/Coggan Sweet Spot is right about 105% of my power at VT1. Could it be that the technical interpretation of “bringing it up from the bottom [with SS intervals]” is that you’re spending a lot of time at right above LT1 (and therefore increasing it with a corresponding bump in LT2)? That might be reaching.