New bike Vs power meter

Don’t forget an aero helmet or tight clothing! Cheap free speed.

2 Likes

Hi I wonder if I can get a bit of advice on using my new PM. I have done 2 easy, zone 2 HR type, outdoor rides of 1 hour to get some numbers. For the rides the NP has been 224 and 242. Today i performed a ramp test on TR with powermatch and my FTP was 232.

Can this be explained by a potentially higher FTP outdoors?

On another note, I have my fit on Wednesday and will post up pics of the redshift setup after that.

1 Like

Yes, it’s common to be capable of more work outside. Cooling, motivation and other factors can lead to different performance between both locations.

A few updates. All the hardware has been fitted. Some pictures of fit and redshift below. It’s a very nice system and gets alot of attention. It’s really unbelievable how easy it is to use and how flexible it makes the setup. The aesthetic of the bike is vastly improved with the stem being lower and the black stem. I might do a Redshift review I think there would probably he interested. It deserves to be more known. I was listening to the podcast today and one of the guys about the diminishing returns on a TT bike. I think this setup is like 80-90% of the advantage of a TT bike for like 10% of the cost.

Got an olympic tri to debut the setup this Sunday.

3 Likes

Looks great. Yeah, the RS gear is fantastic and top shelf design and durability.