How to plan your offseason, fixing power imbalances, optimal timing for workout fuel and more will be covered in Episode 234 of The Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast.
Youtube Live Video:
Topics covered in this episode:
- How long should your off season be?
- Why you should not immediately start a Build Phase after time off
- Deep dive on how and when you should fuel your workouts
- Is it bad to change position during VO2 max intervals?
- What to do if you have a left / right power imbalance
- Coach Chad’s tips on how to read while on the trainer
- Entertainment options on the trainer
- Do athletes need more cooling as they adapt to putting out more power?
- Questions from the YouTube Live Chat
- Coach Chad’s Strength Training Benchmarks for Cyclists
- The Renaissance Diet 2.0
- The RP Diet for Endurance: Fueling, Hydrating, and Managing Electrolytes for Performance
- Coach Chad’s Training Setup
- TrainerRoad’s Spotify Playlists
- Elite Posa Stand
- Wahoo Desk
- TrainerRoad’s Custom Phone Mount Instructions
- Lakso’s Max Performance Pivoting Utility Blower Fan
- Vornado Flippi V6 Personal Air Circulator Fan
- How to Adjust Your Training Plan When You Miss Workouts