Our Training Plans are Improving

I have researched this. Maybe I’m not doing it right. Can you link me to data that shows that cyclists who do 80/20 will perform better than a “Periodized Coggan” approach? If you could link me to data that shows that elite cyclists train this way that would also be helpful.

This is probably not the thread to talk about 80/20 and if it’s the best way to train, there’s another thread in that that I’ve already mentioned this stuff in it.

Here’s what I’m looking at:

1. I can’t find a pro who users TR that follows 80/20. Not a single one and we have high-level pros, TDF stage winners and gold medalists in our system.
  2. I know for age groupers that the riders with the highest watt/kg do more 2-hour workouts at around .85 IF compared to weaker riders. They get this through sweet spot riding.

I know Seiler has this pretty well documented in cross-country skiing, but as mentioned on the other thread, there’s limited evidence (and in my view contrarian evidence) that it is the best way for cyclists to train.

Let’s move the conversation from this thread to over here if you’d like to continue: Polarized Training Discussion (Fast Talk podcast & Flo Cycling podcast)

8 Likes