Pain Tolerance, Body Fat, Descending and More – Ask a Cycling Coach 211

Frisco elevation is 9100 ft, not 7000. It’s not a whole lot lower than Leadville.

For The LT100, I’ve debated staying in Frisco, but by staying in Leadville the night before, I’m able to hang out in a hotel until 45-60 mins before race time, and not have to worry about parking.

Not much of a difference all-in I think.

Did they say they did a podcast with Matt Fitzgerald? Anyone know which podcast it was?

1 Like
1 Like

Superstar! Thank you. Episode 125

1 Like

The YT video claims “126”?

And so does the Soundcloud episode.

1 Like

I’m an idiot- please ignore!!!

1 Like

For anyone interested in new research on fat - more differences between the fat types: Brown and white body fat speak different languages -- ScienceDaily

1 Like

Just relistened to this one. Statins are meds that reduce cholesterol by blocking the liver’s ability to synthesize cholesterol. The enzyme blocked is HMG-CoA reductase, which is also used in the production of Co-enzyme Q 10, which is in turn vital for mitochondrial function. One of the main side complaints of statin use is muscle pain, which is thought due to the inhibition of Co Q 10. If the statin is absolutely necessary, it would make sense to supplement with Co Q 10. Statins do not have a direct effect on blood pressure.

1 Like

I’m listening through the back catalogue. Just got to here. Every time @Jonathan mentions his two-year plan to target Nationals in 2020 I can tell he’s getting more and more committed. It’s both painful and riveting when you know what 2020 has in store for anyone with bike racing ambitions!

Its A Trap GIF - Star Wars Admiral Ackbar Its A Trap GIFs|345x206.44578313253012