Personal Records

Nate: I also would like to see the ability to “edit” a portion that contains power spikes, rather than just deleting. I have had power spikes while doing downhills on my CX with “Stages” from just bouncing weight on the pedals. It would be nice to manually overide power data along the ride timeline where a power spike or dead spot shows would be amazing.

I totally agree. It’s something we want to do but it’s been a lower priority because it’s not the most common usecase and there’s a work around by excluding the ride…but if you got other PRs then that sucks!

1 Like

Hi @Nate_Pearson, now that we are on our way into the outdoor mtb season (for us in the north at least) I want to bump this one.

Great work on the outdoor training workouts and the other releases the last couple of month! Love it :heart_eyes: But if it’s room deep down in the backlog, I hope this can be implemented some day. For all mountainbikers riding rockguardens.

My spikes (from last summer) seamed to occur together with an abnormal high cadence reading. So it’s always easy to find them, since they have a 150+ cadence. So this can be a good indicator to filter on.

1 Like

I’m wondering if there was any update on this?

Some dropouts/bad data on the vector 3’s from my last ride mean I’ve now got a 2000w+ sprint, which sadly isn’t true.

Sadly, it is still not possible to delete portions of the workout where power spikes occur :pensive:.

The only way to get rid of that 2000+ watt spike is to exclude the full ride from personal records as Nate outlined above:

Development for this feature is not currently scheduled on our roadmap, but it is still a feature we would like to develop in the future.

Sorry I don’t have better news for you at the moment.

1 Like

Friendly bump on this feature - just noticed one of my loooong gravel rides had a bad spike in the middle, but set a lot of (probably) real PRs on the long tail end of things. Would love to be able to fix the spike but keep overall power records in the 2-3 hour range

• Select the ride, click on the three points and click „Download“ to get the *.fit file

• Go to FIT File Tools

• Upload your file and remove the peak (or remove the corrupt section with FIT File Tools)

• Upload the cleaned file to TrainerRoad (Career-Past ride-„Import ride“)

It’s a bit convoluted, but still a lot less work for you to do this than for TR engineers to add this feature :slightly_smiling_face: