Power not transferring from Wahoo Bolt to TR

I have a Power2Max power meter. When take a ride outdoors (not “training”, just a ride), I record it on my Wahoo Bolt and also record it on Strava on my iPhone. The Strava data transfers over to my TrainerRoad calendar, but the power data field is blank.

Is this something I can fix? I particularly want the Wahoo/Power2Max data to transfer.

Thanks!

I am guessing that you aren’t recording power in the phone app and Strava?

And I’m also guessing that the Strava ride is uploading first?

Are you synced between the Wahoo Elemnt app and TR?

Assuming you are synced two ways, TR will not allow two instances of the same ride. They made extensive efforts to eliminate duplicates.

So, if you only record power via the Wahoo, you need to make sure it uploads first (before the Strava one from your phone).

Is there a reason you are double recording in the first place?

1 Like

I would just let the wahoo upload to strava and let strava sync with trainer road

2 Likes

“Is there a reason you are double recording in the first place?”

I guess it’s a hold over from when I didn’t have a powermeter and was comparing Wahoo data with the Strava data (since Strava had its estimated power).

I’ll check it this afternoon and run only the Wahoo Bolt, without Strava.

Thank you for the response!

Dave

1 Like

The only time I’ve recorded double was on MTB trails because my wahoo always read lower than iphone app for my friends, and GPS tracking in the woods was worse. I did this as a comparison to see just how much different the iphone app would track compared to my BOLT. Definitely not so I could cherry pick the faster avg speed ride to show off, not at all…

1 Like

Anyone who does care about speed and distance on MTB should be using a properly calibrated speed sensor installed on the wheels. It is far more accurate for true info for those, but it does not help for Strava segments and such (as that still relies on the GPS data only).

That was my problem, the Wahoo would show a higher speed paired to my sensor, which I believed more, but missed 2/3 of segments due to poor GPS. Phone reads lower avg but puts me on every segment accurately. I now count hours over miles so I don’t care either way

2 Likes

It may be too tech/geek a topic, but if you could cover this on a podcast segment, it would be awesome: “Anyone who does care about speed and distance on MTB should be using a properly calibrated speed sensor installed on the wheels”

I’ve gotten up to speed pretty fast over the past year since I dove into TR, smart trainers, and all the new tech. But I feel like I’m missing a few things - like the whole speed sensor thing. Sounds like a good addition to my bike. My Wahoo GPS cuts out a lot in the woods (as far as recording uninterrupted data). Strava seems to track me better in some cases (I’m assuming it uses cell tower signals as well as GPS?).

In any case, single recording fixed my problem, thanks!

1 Like