PowerMatch Experiences

Power is instantaneous, but there is a lag to when the Kickr adjusts, better said, it’s not smoothly ramped. Naturally I increase my cadence slightly when the a new ramp starts which then the Kickr seems to over compensate then settle down. It’s OK at normal output, up to 105% FTP, but over that a couple of percentage points too high can drop cadence. I guess it’s hard to explain, but it’s due to something in the PM to smart trainer realm, I never had this experience when using the Kickr as the power source. I use ANT+ for power and the connection to the PC, no BT is involved at all.

I guess in summary this could be due to the cadence increase which is minimal, but there is definitely something at play while the trainer plays catch up.

Also, per the note above I’m going to try to use the Kickr integration w/ the PM, then maybe disabling PowerMatch will sort it out. Either way, high intensity intervals in ERG mode are much more difficult using PowerMatch due to the trainer overcompensating.

1 Like