On the next episode of the Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast, we’ll discuss stage race pro tips that Jonathan collected at a UCI stage race, how altitude affects caloric burn, a deep dive to help you understand TSS, and much more! Join us live Thursday, May 9 at 8:00 am Pacific.
Youtube Live Video:
Topics covered in this episode:
- Stage Race tips from the pros
- How to stay focused during a race
- Things to know about racing multiple times per day
- Is Ribose a good recovery supplement?
- How do nitrates and nitrites affect performance?
- Are sprints at the end of a workout a bad idea?
- How cold weather, swimming, and sodium levels affect hydration
- Why does TSS drop in the Specialty Phase?
- Why chronic training load is not a good indicator of performance
- Understanding calories burned and metabolic efficiency
- Does altitude affect caloric burn?
- How to race against an unknown field
- How to race solo amongst teams
- What to expect when racing at a lower elevation