Racing in a TrainerRoad Kit

In my local CX races it is rigidly enforced. We even got emailed about it by the governing body

I’ve yet to see this policed at any race I’ve participated in (and maybe it’s just my locale that doesn’t care?). I am an ambassador for a brand or two and wear their kits all the time (I obviously have their permission and they obviously want the exposure) but they aren’t registered as a USAC club and I don’t list them as my team either. And on cold/wet races I wear my Cannondale/Garmin Gabba jersey without anyone batting an eye (although I feel like a Fred wearing it, I really need to get a blank one, but got this one on an amazing sale a couple of years ago). The road races around here are pretty unwelcoming as it is and if I was told I couldn’t race in my ambassador kit I’d take my ball and go home likely never to return.

CX suddenly became interesting

1 Like

At the last meeting I was at with Scottish Cycling types, it was confirmed that the rule re: team kit this year was ‘somewhat relaxed’ across all categories but if following the letter of the law it’s still a case that you must wear the colours of your registered club, as held by B.C., or if non-club then a blank but NOT BLACK kit. However, commissaires now have official approval to use common sense to allow riders to wear non-team kit if a reason can be given (i.e. I crashed in my team skinsuit and it’s no longer usable)

Nice and clear, as always :rofl:

1 Like

I would only race with the TR kit when I know I will win. LOL.

1 Like

Maybe wearing the black & red will help you win. Won’t know until you try! :wink:

1 Like

:clap::clap::clap:

:laughing:

1 Like

I thought everyone already new this “TR Kit adds 25watts” 
 I guess the word hasn’t gotten out yet. :shushing_face:

I think I get more smiles and waves when I ride in my TR Jersey. I could be imagining it though!

1 Like