Random Cyclocross Question

cyclocross

I’ve been watching the CX world cup races on the trainer recently and I notice that most, if not all, of the riders don’t seem to race with a computer on their handlebars. It’s obviously pretty understandable given the nature of cross racing.

Some guys like Wout Van Aert use a watch that, I assume, is capturing power data:

So for the guys that aren’t wearing a watch, how are they recording power data during races?

It’s possible that they have their cycling computer in their jersey or even don’t really care to record their data.

The watch does make a lot of sense though, allows easy bike swaps without worrying about taking the computer off of the bike.

Yes, as said above - they swap bikes every cpuple of laps or so, so can’t really go on the bike. Either in Jersey or watch I guess.

Now that I’m thinking about it, it seems like it could get tricky getting the watch to sync with the different powermeters in the middle of a race.

Maybe they stick a computer under their seat and piece the power files together after the fact?

I find it kind of hard to believe that most of these guys would not want to see their power data, but what do I know…

Power Data isn’t the be all end all in CX. You aren’t capturing anything running up steps with a PM.

Idk, still seems pretty important though.