Replacing my weekend sessions with outdoor rides, Low Volume or Mid Volume?

Hi,
I am just about to complete the sweet spot base mid volume 2 this week, I have been replacing the Saturday/Sunday sessions with my weekend outdoor rides which has been working ok so far.
Next up is the sustained power build but I’m not sure if I should continue with the mid volume Tue/Wed/Thur session and replacing the Sat/Sunday with my outdoor rides or go with the low volume on a Tue/Wed/Thursday as Monday and Friday doesn’t suit. I’m thinking if I do the 3 low vol sessions on a Tue/Wed/Thur I’ll burn out as they seem to be tougher than the sweet spot base or if I do the mid vol and replace the weekend sessions with my outdoor rides I’ll be missing out and will get it tough to complete the mid week sessions.
Your advice would be much appreciated, thank you.

Steven

1 Like

Hey Steven, you’re right on the money here. We usually recommend riders [choose] the volume of plan that will encompass all of the riding they do on the bike each week, including outdoor rides. In this case, I’d recommend picking the Mid volume Build plan and replacing the weekend workouts with your own outdoor rides at your discretion. Hope this helps!

1 Like

Lately I’ve been doing the shorter workouts on weekends in SSB1 and then going out for a soft-pedal with the girlfriend. I still have 500+ TSS scores for those two weeks in the mid-volume plans but my body seems to be okay with this.