Request: behind the scenes at TrainerRoad

Hi everybody at TR.

One aspect I’m really enjoying on the podcast at the moment is the little nuggets of insight into life at TrainerRoad. It might sound irrelevant, but I find it helps me connect to the product and feel invested in my use of it. I’ve enjoyed hearing about Chad’s office chair, the TR gym, the light tubes and Nate’s carb cupboard. Would it be possible to have a photo tour of TRHQ? It would be super fun to see where the magic happens!

10 Likes

There was a thread with some pics a while ago. I will see if I can find it.

Found it.

2 Likes

As an IT bod I’d like to hear about their approach to agile, test driven developement, product delivery etc. More about their architecture without giving away the secret sauce.
Pete discussing what makes a good a product manager a bit from Nate about how he grew the company etc

2 Likes

Ah man, that’s even cooler than I thought. When I see pictures like that, I know that 16 years in the military has shifted my perspective of what comfortable at work looks like.

1 Like

Related to this is the origin story:

1 Like

The part about Nate using to work at IGT was the one I loved. Let’s say the company I work with has stuff in a lot of these machines (and competitors as well). But good move to get out of there, as online gaming has done quite the job on that industry.

Nice digs. Would love to swing by, and not just to get some swag (if the public offer still stands), but I’m not sure the wife would be happy with that trip. We’ll be back in Los Angeles to see family around Christmas, and LA to Reno is closer than where I am now to Reno… :thinking:

1 Like

+1 to this. Would love to hear more on the product dev side and the “how we do it”.

They had a local business event there last year, I believe. I will say this, their office is awesome and I wish I could work in that kind of environment.

2 Likes