Join us live for Episode 196 of the Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast! We’ll be doing a deep dive on rest and recovery for athletes, getting into the specifics of motorpacing and why it is a good training tool, and why short Zone 2 workouts are more valuable than you think. Join us this Friday at 8:00am Pacific on Facebook and YouTube.
Youtube Live Video:
Topics covered in this episode
- How to travel like a bike racer
- Are short Zone 2 workouts important or just filler?
- How to fit training into a busy schedule
- What is a typical schedule like for the podcast hosts?
- Why you should try motorpacing
- What is the point of motorpacing
- What is the difference between rest, recovery and taper weeks?
- How to get the most out of recovery weeks
- Why it’s so hard to return to training
- How to adjust your training if your goal event is delayed?
- What affect does a mid-workout break have on your fitness?
Yeti Rambler 1 gallon jug: https://www.yeti.com/en_US/drinkware/rambler-one-gallon-jug/YRAMONEJUG.html
Feedback sports bike stand: https://www.feedbacksports.com/product/rakk-black/
Rain Bag by SciCon: https://us.sciconbags.com/products/shop-by/best-sellers/race-rain-bag
Zipp Triathlon Bag: https://www.zipp.com/accessories/detail.php?ID=30035
Zone 2 Forum Post: Are there any benefits to short Z2 workouts?
Amy’s Lentil and Vegetible Soup: https://www.amys.com/our-foods/organic-lentil-vegetable-soup