How many users in the Forum are frustrated with the calendar and want the old style plan functionality back?
Here’s what I want:
- I choose a new plan. (Say, Short-Track XC, Low-Volume)
- Trainer Road assigns the workouts to dates as per the selected program.
- When I open the app, it shows completed workouts, and the NEXT workout, regardless of whether or not the assigned date has passed.
- From inside the workout, i can select any variant of that Workout such as +1, -1 etc…
- I complete the workout and TR updates my account. (And social and Strava, TP, whatever)
- TR then reflows the workouts based on the completed workout date from #5.
- I close the app and go back to my day.
- Next time I open the app, I see the updated plan dates, and the next schedule workout.
It was simple, easy, and worked just fine before.
The calendar is a PAIN IN THE ASS, and frankly doesn’t help me plan anything since is doesn’t sync to anything.
I might as well use Golden Cheetah (for free) if I have to manually manage workouts. (which also syncs to my iCal)
I’m finding it VERY hard to recommend TR to new riders because of the calendar.
Figuring out plans is hard enough for people. Having to read help files to try to figure out the poorly executed calendar will not help you gain new members. It will drive them away.
New riders (or most riders) just want to turn on their equipment, connect their app, and start riding.
Which is EXACTY HOW ZWIFT WORKS WITH STRUCTURED TRAINING.
Turn on the app, do your training, or don’t, just go ride, then go back to the training next time you want to.
TR requires a serious overhaul to restore what was a great, simple way to train.