[FAQ] Scrubbing to Different Points in a Workout

You can move forward or backward in a workout at any time, by following these steps:

Mobile App

1. Pause the workout or do this before the workout starts.
  2. Press on the full size workout graphic, at the location you want in the workout (or use step #3 below).
  3. Press and hold, then you can slide forward or backward. Release when you get to the location you want in the workout.
  4. Press “Play/Pause” or start pedaling again to resume the workout at the new location.

PC/Mac App

1. Pause the workout or do this before the workout starts.
  2. Click on the workout graphic at the location you want in the workout.
  3. If you clicked backwards in time, accept the “Overwrite Ride Data” modal.
  4. Click “Resume Workout” or start pedaling again to resume the workout at the new location.

Note: Moving backwards in time (earlier in the workout, left direction) will result in erasing the prior data that you pass over.

22 Likes

To clarify, these are instructions on how to scrub on Mobile apps.

1 Like

I will clarify that, and add specific instructions for PC/Mac as well.

2 Likes

PS, if you have a link or info on the PC/Mac process… that would be great :wink:

Or I will just work it out tonight when I get home.

We already had the Mobile instructions here: Browse Workouts Faster with the New Workout Details Feature

PC/Mac is easy:

1. Pause the workout/do this before the workout starts.
  2. Click on the workout graphic at the location you want to scrub to.
  3. If you clicked back in time, accept the “Overwrite Ride Data” modal.
  4. Click “Resume Workout” or pedal again to resume at the new location.
1 Like

Just a note about PC version - the feature isn’t touch screen friendly i.e. you have to click with a mouse.

2 Likes

Maybe obvious (just not to me!), but can I split a workout into two if I need to complete at different times in the day i.e. a 2 hour workout, complete 1 hour in the morning and resume it in the evening. Or do i need to record two separate workouts?

fyi I use an ipad or iphone

This feature is nice but almost impossible to use accurately. Say if I am doing some short intervals with short rests and want to do some of them again… trying to drag the marker with sweaty fingers to the right point in the workout is pretty much impossible and really frustrating!

You might be able to finish and save the workout mid way through it. There is suppose to be a ‘Resume’ option that is available for at least a while after that. I’ve never done it, so you should experiment a bit to see if it can work for you.

It is difficult to use in mobile. Almost needs a button that jumps fwd/bkwd based on intervals instead of pure time.

Resurrecting this thread.

In past iterations of the Windows application, scrubbing worked seamlessly as described.

In one of the recent updates (not sure which) it has become quite laggy and/or buggy. With the workout paused, clicking on a different timepoint in the workout seems to do nothing. Dragging the current time axis does move it and bring up the “Overwrite Ride Data” dialog but clicking cancel or accept also seems to do nothing… at first. It seems that after variable delay it does move the timepoint but not where I intended. This results in overwriting much more of the workout than intended.

Has something changed in the code for scrubbing through a workout. Alternatively, any tips or tricks to improve the responsiveness of this feature on the Windows application is appreciated.