Selecting bluetooth or ant+ in mac desktop app

I noticed the same problem. I thought it was my MAC. what I have been doing is turn BLE off, but had to get a wired mice/keyboard.

they reason I want ANT+ vs BLE is because of the problem with the P1 Pedals, not necessarily a TR problem but TR would only use the power output from one pedal and double the power. it wont use the power from both pedals

1 Like

This sounds like a bug to me - it should be fixed (Iā€™m not sure it was ever an official issue, though I could be wrong). I just tested it out and Wahoo devices are re-pairing for me on app restart with both ANT+ and Bluetooth. What might happen is that if it was paired via Bluetooth and then Bluetooth is turned off, it might not re-pair. Is that your scenario?

This is another understandable scenario. Iā€™ll bring it up when we discuss this whole thing. Thanks!

hi @ming thanks for the follow up

I was told by support about the pairing thing: ā€œI just spoke with our Software QA Analysts. What youā€™re experiencing is a known issueā€

And no, I donā€™t turn bluetooth off - itā€™s a mac mini with bluetooth keyboard/mouse so not really an option.

Hi, any news on this issue? Iā€™d like to connect my kickr snap via ant+ but still use my bluetooth headphones. Right now it defaults to bluetooth when system bluetooth is turned on. Using a macbook pro.

Iā€™m going to download the older app version linked above but I guess Iā€™d be missing out on any new features of newer versions.

Cheers

Hi there!

Assuming that you ONLY want to use ANT+ with TrainerRoad while leaving your system Bluetooth turned on, we did add a feature that should work for you. If youā€™re using one of our newer desktop app versions instead of the older one that you mention, just select ā€œSettingsā€ and then select ā€œShow Advanced Settingsā€ at the bottom of the drawer that opens. From there, select ā€œDisable Bluetoothā€ and then just restart your app from the prompt. From that point, TrainerRoad should stop detecting your system Bluetooth unless you re-enable the functionality. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Perfect! Thank you