Hello all. I have had this issue on going for a long time. It has finally gotten to the point where I need to try to resolve it.
The issue I am having is that during any workout the signals keeps dropping out for both my power meter and heartrate strap. Also before I had the power meter I used virtual power with a Garmin speed/cadence sensor. I experienced the same issues with those devices. I would be doing a workout and without warning the signal for the PM or HR would drop out, sometimes both. This causes the TR workout would just stop, this seems to happen randomly and last 10 to 20 seconds before picking back up again.
This is very frustrating, but I can’t do a workout. I’ll be in the middle of a tough interval and look up and TR is not even recording…
I use a ACER laptop I bought specifically for my TR workouts. I use this laptop for TR workouts only. There are no other programs loaded on it other than Windows 10. I do not even surf the web with this laptop. I bought this laptop about 2 years ago.
I have a Quarq Elsa Power Meter and a Garmin Premium HR strap.
Things I have done to try a solve this issue;
- I checked to be sure all drivers are up to date.
- Checked to be sure the laptop is on high power mode. The lap top is plugged in at all times. I never go on battery power.
- I have put new batteries in all my devices.
- I have positioned the laptop as close to the bike as I can and still be able to see the display. It is on a stool less than a inch from the front wheel.
- I have tried rebooting the laptop many times.
- My bike and trainer are located in a room I converted into a workout room. There are no other wi-fi devices located in this room.
Does anyone have any thoughts as to what the problem is?