Speed and distance data on Strava

Hi everyone,

I am a new user of TR and I am wondering why some workouts once pushed to Strava shows realistic distance and speed meanwhile my TR « ride » shows 0km average speed and distance?
I am using an Elite Qubo smart + trainer.
Does anyone can help me fixing the issue?
Do I need a speed sensor?

Yes need a speed sensor

1 Like

I’m not familiar with the trainer you are using but I know that many smart trainers will calculate a speed based either on the power you’re putting out or the fly wheel speed.

I don’t have a speed sensor on my bike but my rides in trainer road end up with speed/distance because the Kickr is broadcasting it as well.

Of course this is all garbage information in my opinion but it is definitely being broadcast directly by the trainer and not a separate speed sensor

I’ve never really looked for speed/distance in trainer road but my guess is that they are ignoring this data due to how arbitrary it is whereas Strava is processing everything that is sent to it - thus the discrepancy

Thanks for your answer :wink:

You dont need a separate speed sensor as mentioned here above. The trainer provides this. The issue is how you connect with the Elite. Check in the Trainerroad app which sensors you are connected to. If it shows only shows the trainer with two letters (i think it is something like Qd) instead of the trainer connection sensor which shows the fully qualified name of the trainer (something like Elite Qubo smart + ) you wont get the speed information (and thus no distance). If you connect with to the trainer with the full name you will get speed data.

This also explains why sometimes it did show the data and why it sometimes didnt show.

I am on an ICG7 bike which doesn’t transmit speed, however has the information as well as distance at the end of each ridemon its own display.

Any way I can manually add?

Thanks