Splitting Up Workouts

Hi

I would like to know the effects of splitting up a workout, say something like McAdie into 2 x 45 sessions on the same scheduled day. In other words, if McAdie is scheduled on a particular day, what is the effect of doing half of it in the morning and the rest of it in the evening.

I find sometimes I have time available to do this instead of the entire workout in one go.

I understand that this isnt the same as doing it all at once as the residual fatigue from the first intervalsl does not carry into the next and so on, but is it still beneficial enough to produce the desired training effect? Would I be better off choosing the -2 version and doing that morning an evening?

Thanks

1 Like

Hey there!

With longer, low intesity rides, the outcome of your training can shift quite a bit by splitting the workout in two. With those sessions, it’s all about that residual fatigue and building your endurance through that fatigue. However, with interval sessions, the training effect could actually improve since you are able to get more muscle recruitment during the intense intervals.

At the end of the day, you gotta do what you gotta do to make your training work, and it’s far better to split the workout in two than to simply do half :slight_smile:

Best of luck with your training!

4 Likes

Thanks Bryce, seems so obvious now that you explained it…

I’m always happy to help :+1: