Still necessary to install the TR ANT+ drivers?

Assuming I’m installing the updated TR app on a clean copy of Windows 10 is it still necessary to download and install the ANT+ drivers as outlined here or are these now packaged with the application itself?

Hey @CZS,

The drivers help the ANT+ stick interact with the Windows OS, so they are not app-specific. You will still need the same ANT+ drivers with the new version of the application :+1:.

1 Like

Good to know, thanks @Bryce!

1 Like

Hey @Bryce,

Everytime I try to install those drivers on windows 10 I get a .net framework error. They seem to expect a very old version that won’t install.

Now ant+ works for me anyway so I’m not inclined to try to break it… but just saying.

Thanks for letting us know, I’ll share this with our Support Leads to investigate :+1:.

Odd… just tested on a win10 machine I wont be using for training and it worked without issue. I guess whatever was causing the problem is probably resolved.

1 Like

I’m on Windows 10 enterprise and I am getting the same problem described above when trying to download the TR USB ANT+ drivers. It says I don’t have .NET framework 3.5 or higher. Whenever I downloaded the most recent .NET framework from Microsoft it wont let me install because it says I already have the most updated .NET framework installed. I’m not sure if my corporate IT is blocking something here but I can usually install anything I want and “Run as Administrator” doesn’t work either.

Screenshot 2022-01-16 153917

I have an IT managed laptop from work and I was getting the .NET framework error when trying to install the TR ANT+ drivers. It would say that I needed .NET Framework version 3.5 or higher, and that caused some confusion for me because after downloading most recent .NET framework from MS website I got an error saying I already had the most recent version of .NET installed.

I found how to check and enable .NET framework for Windows 10!

Go to Control Panel>Programs and under “Programs and Features” there is an option to “Turn Windows Features On or Off”------BINGO!

Click that and follow the directions to enable both .NET Framework 3.5 and .Net Framework 4.8.

NOTE: My .Net Framework 3.5 was not enabled originally AND only a couple of services of my .Net Framework 4.8 were enabled. IT DID NOT work for me to only enable everything in .NET Framework 4.8. I had to enable everything in .Net framework 3.5 as well.

Go locate the drivers and install them. For me they were located here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\TrainerRoad USBDrivers\dpinst.exe

I hope this helps someone else with a IT managed laptop.

I just did a clean install of Windows 10 to a new machine and plugged my Ant+ stick in. Got absolutely nothing. Ended up downloading the TrainerRoad drivers and ran the installer. One thing that was unclear and that others might run into: the TR installer doesn’t actually install the drivers–or at least it didn’t for me. It only dumped the driver files to a directory. I had to go looking for the actual executable that would install the drivers and run that. Seemed a bit unnecessary, but then we’re talking about Windows here. Up and running now though.

Also, if you do install the drivers and nothing happens, reboot the machine. Again…Windows.

1 Like