Stretching, Yoga, Base Phase Racing, Commuting and More – Ask a Cycling Coach 197

Ha, me too. I’m glad there is at least one more of us. I get weird looks when I tell people.

Andrew…SO glad you asked the question you did about racing while in SSB. I’m currently wrapping up SSB1hv and about to start SSB2hv and just did my first crit last Thursday @ Fair Park in Dallas…so fun!. Sure was good to hear coach Chad say, “Sweet spot base training plans are devised for early season racers.” This is a fact finding year for me to see what this 42 yr old body can handle…first full year of structured training. #TrainHardRaceEasy as Nathan said!

Intense!

Yes, I’m following a plan. I’ll repeat weeks if I travel, and increase or decrease the volume based on how I feel. Check me out at - TrainerRoad. I’m about to start short power builds, and I went through both sweet spot bases before (just repeating some ending weeks of it now).

1 Like

@Nate_Pearson @chad I would also love to see what this stretch is exactly… sounds perfect for gradually spending more time in the drops that on the hoods!

1 Like

Yin is a incredible tool. We have started doing ROMWOD, which is a yin-based 20 minutes/day yoga session app. Its designed to capture the Crossft market, but obviously works for anyone. Something like $10/month too. I do it 3-4 days/week before bed and have had great results (and better sleep!)

1 Like