Support for Kinetic USB

Can you guys add support so I can use the kinetic usb, the I will have ZERO dropouts

Hey Matt!

We support compatibility for the ANT+ and Bluetooth 4.0 protocols for a few reasons.

1. These protocols work on all devices. From mobile devices to desktops, we can utilize these protocols to communicate between the TrainerRoad App and various sensors. With USB, this would only work on Desktop apps.
  2. These protocols are Standardized. This means that we only need to do the Development work to support two protocols, and we can effectively support every wireless product on the market.
  3. These protocols are widely accepted. Nearly every product that is released is either ANT+ or BT 4.0.

So, unfortunately, it is unlikely that we will focus our Development Resources on supporting non-standardized protocols.

If you are having trouble with dropouts on your desktop app, one thing that tends to help is using a USB Extension Cord for your USB Dongle. This lets you bring your Dongle to just a few inches away from your sensors, boosting the signal and eliminating interference.

I hope that makes sense, let me know if there is anything else I can help you with!

1 Like