Sustained Power Build LV advice?

On my way through this, but I’ve got a holiday in what would be week 6 where I won’t be able to ride. So that would mean week 5 (new ramp test etc) and then a complete week off - which to me seems as though i’m breaking the plan in the wrong place. My thoughts were to do week 3 and then add in a couple of weeks of lower TSS threshold/sweet spot workouts to ‘extend’ the first half of the plan, and then use the holiday as the recovery week before restarting on week 5 of the plan. Does that makes sense? Or am I approaching it wrong?

1 Like

If you have time to fully recover in the off week, I think your plan makes sense.
Just make sure not to over-extend yourself to the point of getting sick.

1 Like

Sounds like a good idea to me…or do an extra week (maybe some v02 work) before starting plan. Either way aligning recovery week with holiday week makes sense

2 Likes

Something like this is pretty subjective, a few ideas based off of things I’ve tried:

• Extend the first half of the plan as you mention. Risk here is that 5 weeks of “build” is going to be hard, and as Chad said… be sure you can fully recover if you take that route. If your holiday is hiking or going to an amusement park for 12 hours each day, this is probably a bad idea or you’ll at least want to schedule some recovery time on return.

• Build weeks 1-3
    Build week 4 (recovery)
    Build week 3 repeat
    Holiday week
    Resume on week 5 build
    (or some variant of this, like: 2 weeks on, 1 week recover, 2 weeks on, holiday)

2 Likes

Useful comments - thanks very much for your thoughts, all

1 Like