Sweet Spot Entertainment (Videos, Training Winter 2018/2019)

RedBull TV and watch the UCI MTB races - XC/DH

1 Like

This week I watched the 2018 women’s UCI XC world championships while doing over/unders on Reinstein-1. What a great race and a great workout to go with it! For the men’s race, I rode Glassy-3. The over/unders were a better match to a race like than a tempo ride.

If you have Amazon Prime this is free and it was pretty good.

Ha! I was just thinking, 40+ replies and not one mention of San Fernando movies! :laughing::neutral_face:

Netflix - Ironfist and other Marvel stuff is good. I usually like watching more high action stuff. Ozark is good, but the slow parts don’t really push me through. Also, I’ll watch some races and have a podcast or audiobook playing. This of course is for sweet spot. Punk rock only for vo2 days!

Going thru all of the Star Trek series in release date order.

for me its either GCN, Parks & Rec or Silicon Valley.

I started that on the trainer, I liked the content but it made me too hungry!

2 Likes

Ozark was awesome. Presently I’m on season 2 of Goliath on Amazon Prim. Billy Bob is an awesome actor. Once that is done I’ll probably catch up on Shameless. Only after I finish the last two episodes of Better Call Saul.

comedy specials or any shows that you might feel guilty about watching otherwise. might as well have a guilty pleasures while riding indoors right?

Watch races on redbull or youtube videos of races you havent done that you are maybe racing next year. kinda silly but you can see how it plays out

also CX season is starting plenty of races to watch then if you dont mind non English. CXhairs on youtube has the american race recaps.

I’ve nearly finished Punisher on Netflix. Really enjoyed it and I usually hate marvel stuff (no time for Avengers or owt like that…)

The action scenes in Punisher are absolutely awesome though.

1 Like

Must be a first world problem for those with ERG mode. I’m always trying to find the right candence/gear combo so I can hit the right power numbers.

So simple suggestion is to turn off ERG mode so you’re forced to concentrate on what you’re doing :smile:

4 Likes

Yesterday I watched “A race to dope” very interesting to see how much of a problem doping is in other sports not just cycling. Today I’ve started watching a series called “ultimate survival Everest”

THIS is our “entertainment”, dh. :confused:

too much nudity in altered carbon, you don’t want to divert blood flow away from the legs :wink:

1 Like

I’m doing sweet spot at mo so I listen to Pete tong on radio 1. I find house music the way to go and needs to be loud!

Wow! He’s not still around is he? :hushed:

Barkley Marathons on Netflix. 90mins of inspiration. Plus a few laughs.

1 Like

Give NBC Gold Cycling Pass a go. It’s only $40 a year, streams on-demand, has road, track, CX, MTB and no ads.

1 Like

I’ve found that I can watch movies or TV for endurance rides (Pettit, Boarstone, etc). But Sweet Spot and above, sports that take a long time without much action work best for me; Cycling, Baseball, etc.