Sweet Spot Entertainment (Videos, Training Winter 2018/2019)

Oh god! And we think bike riding is hard!

I’m currently supplementing SSB with a full re-watching of Prison Break from the start. 1.5 hour workouts = 2 episodes. Perfect.

Season 1 of that show was amazing, it lost it’s way after that. I think they conceived of an incredible show about breaking out of prison, but once they were out … now what???

I’m currently up to Season 3 where he is trying to break out of prison again but in a much less imaginative and way less entertaining way.

I never actually made it as far as Season 4 in the past so that will be new territory for me…

I had the same thought after @Nate_Pearson mentioned that he played Xbox while on the aero bars. I got aero bars for my road bike…yes specifically to play video games…and you can just rest your hands and the controller in the forearm pads. You don’t need to get in a full aero position. It’s perfect! I’m way better at FIFA now haha thank you TrainerRoad :joy:

As for shows, Jack Ryan on Amazon, Daredevil is good on Netflix, I’m going through all of the Bond Movies now.

They just did one on Orica Scott as well

I’d probably like that, however I’ll admit that I’m refusing to pay for that or NBC’s pass for more soccer. I’m being a bit petty but I don’t like that I already pay for access to almost all of nbc’s cable channels and yet they want me to pay more to watch cycling or get all the Premier League Games.

Hey you have to draw the line somewhere. You said you don’t like the ads in NBC cycling, the Gold Pass removes that for $0.11 per day. Up to you.

Which bars did you go with? I’d be willing to give that a shot

Profile Design. I like them. They will soon go on full time now that outside riding is almost impossible in the North East.

I was hoping they were a cheapo brand…I think I will try a cheap set from amazon to start with…I haven’t gotten into the TT thing yet…

Yes he is captain_doughnutman it was the essential mix 25th anniversary this weekend. So there’s plenty for me to listen over next few weeks.

Check your local Craigslist et al sites for used ones; usually super cheap & barely used.

I just watched this and it was pretty good. Free if you have Amazon Prime. It follows a few teams through the 24hr Le Mans race.

2 Likes

I recently discovered that every episode of the original Iron Chef is available on youtube. Endless hours of entertainment right there.

Good point of view mtb stage racing footage - playlist
BCPOV

1 Like

Whoa, I didn’t know BCPOV had longer videos like that - sweet!

I can’t handle plot when at sweet spot and above, for me its:

Cyclocross race feeds - UCI channel on youtube, and a few other channels
MTB race feeds - Redbull TV

Seconding Barkley Marathons, it’s a great mix of inspiration and absurdity.

And after you’ve watched it, there’s this recent film about Gary Robbins attempting it, appropriately titled “Where Dreams Go To Die”:

Things I’ve watched:

Interstellar
All or Nothing
(Amazon prime)

Better Call Saul
Ozark
Shooter
Last Chance U
(all netflix)

Mostly stuff my wife wouldn’t consider watching with me. I can just about manage to follow something with a plot but it’s easier with things where you can dip in and out. Subtitles are a must!

1 Like

Ted talks and commencement speechs work well for me ! Usually pretty inspiring.