Was searching for I don’t remember what and came across the T-Max interval workout.
Created by exercise physiologist Paul Laursen (University of Queensland):
- Determine PPO via step test;
- Determine T-Max: ride at PPO until failure (~5min); total time = T-Max;
- Determine Ultimate Interval: Time@T-Max(0.6) = interval work; recovery = 2(work);
- Go for it!!! Do as many as you can;
- 2x/week with 2+ rest days in between.
Looks like ~2-3min ~140-150% anaerobic intervals.
This is pushing 15 years old so perhaps an outdated fad? Anyone ever partake? Results?