Tacx Flux S - any issues for anyone?

Hi all. Currently on my second Flux, but it sounds like a washing machine with bricks in when cold, then it clear a bit as I get riding. Anyone else had this issue at all? The walk from the car to the bike shop is a bit of a workout while carrying the Flux, but I’d sooner just ride it in the garage

1 Like

Yeah I’ve had that exact issue. It’s a Warranty issue Tacx have been really good for my took two weeks or so and got a new one through the door and no problems with it. I like the flux ride feel but I believe this has happened to lots of these units so if I have another issue I think I’ll try the wahoo.

Thanks Paddy. I think if one, No.2 goes I’ll get a refund and look at the new cheaper wahoo. Looks good and wahoo are good guys

You can get a very good deal on some of the last Tacx Flux from Clever Training. They are 2018 models with 100 dlls off. I got mine and so far no issues. There is a mention on DC rainmaker page. Actually I was researching Wahoo core and it was like a news deal update at the top of the page. There is almost no difference besides some thru axle changes on the Flux S. According to DC rainmaker.

Thanks. Need to have a think. I was happy with the Flux, but it just has to be able to work when I get on the damned bike in the garage. Shirley not too much to ask?

Just returned from swapping my flux, it lasted three months before starting to squeak like a family of mice had invaded.

1 Like

Got the flux s about a month ago, on issues with noises or anything like that.

I have found erg mode to be quite different compared to my old flow

I had 2 Flux’s and one Flux S fail within 6 weeks. All had the same problem with the belt squealing. Halfords (UK) have been great. I was able to upgrade to. Neo for next to nothing as a gesture of goodwill for all the hassle. I wish I’d bought the Neo in the first place as it’s awsome and in a totally different league than the Flux.

My top tip for the Flux - avoid.

6 Likes

that’s me with the same issue

tacx official italian customer service said they will replace after xmas time.

1 Like

I get that, and was aware of the high levels of returns before purchasing, but I had a 20% halfords voucher which meant I only paid £360 new and the Neo was way outside my budget. I’ll certainly be shit hot on returning it for replacement during the warranty period.

1 Like

Yep, that’s exactly what my three sounded like!!!

Same here, I suspect it can be easily sorted by a bit of belt dressing and some adjustment, but I’m loathe to take anything apart whilst its still under warranty

1 Like

This was my response from Tacx following the first failure…

Touch wood but the Kickr Core I bought post 2 fluxes going pear shaped has been ok so far. Although I have developed trainer hypochondria - and squeak I think it’s buggered…

1 Like

On my 2nd flux (v1)
Makes some noise when cold but works if I use the little ring (if you join the FB page, it’s a sh_t show (probably exaggerated))

1 Like

My Flux S (purchased mid-December) has started making a squeal like the videos above. :grimacing: While it disappears after a few minutes, am I to assume it’ll only get worse?

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but yeah!

1 Like

Aww hell naw!

I’d best figure out whether I should contact the retailer or the manufacturer first…

retailer first, it will probably get you the quickest response if you just want to swap the model for a working one

1 Like

I have had my Tacx Flux for about a year and it has been making the squeaking noise for at least six months. It goes away after it warms up. Yes its annoying, yes it should not do it, but its still quieter than my old wheel trainer and is smart. The most important part is that it seems to be consistent on the power readings. I could probably push the issue with the company and bike shop but I won’t until the weather allows me to ride outside and I’m not in the middle of my training plan. Technology is great sometimes and annoying others.