The 24 Hours in The Old Pueblo Thread

UPDATE

It certainly turned out differently than we anticipated, but we have a ton of learnings and got a concentrated batch of race experience leading into our higher priority events for 2019. It was a great race!

The podcast is now live on all podcast channels and YouTube and Facebook.

Here are some photos of the event (courtesy of Sportograf): https://beta.sportograf.com/en/event/5029/subevents

Thank you to everybody who took the time to chat with us. It was a blast meeting all of you!

Bikes, microphones, cameras and swag are packed and we are ready to go for 24 HOP!

We’ll use this thread as the central location for all things 24 HOP, but stay tuned to our Instagram for updates as well!

First things first, roll call: Who is planning on being there?

Secondly, a few polls :wink:

Who will be the first one to hit a cactus?

• Brandon
  • Chad
  • Jonathan
  • Nate
  • Pete

0 voters

Who will have the fastest single lap time?

• Brandon
  • Chad
  • Jonathan
  • Nate
  • Pete

0 voters

Who will have the fastest average lap time?

• Brandon
  • Chad
  • Jonathan
  • Nate
  • Pete

0 voters

Who will have the biggest difference between their slow lap and their fast lap?

• Brandon
  • Chad
  • Jonathan
  • Nate
  • Pete

0 voters

Finally, what are your guesses for the fast lap time? Strava Segment
(For reference, I believe Howard Grotts had a 54:30 lap time there a couple years ago.)

5 Likes

Which/whose IG feeds specifically?

3 Likes

1:08:42

Good luck team!

Can’t wait to hear how many carbs Nate has, and how being tall meant he was more gravitationally attracted to cacti!

5 Likes

Lol, this forum does not think very highly of me!!

:joy: :joy: :joy:

I do have really great teammates though so I might have voted the same way!

15 Likes

Fastest lap: 59:45 by Jonathan on the first lap.

6 Likes

I think @Jonathan needs to take that KOM! 52:15 takes it!

7 Likes

@Nate_Pearson no, no, no, Sir… we think highly of you and always look up to you…you’re 6’6" don’t you know? :stuck_out_tongue:

10 Likes

If my Tucson TR friends come to 24-Hour Town, how can they know how to find your RV so they can say hi? Do you have a TR flag or banner or something?

4 Likes

Best Lap Time: 1:10:39 Only because weather conditions might not be favourable

1 Like

With your power Nate I believe you’ll be faster than you think!

Fastest lap I think will be 1:00:30.

I’ll be there. Getting in tomorrow night. Any specific TR meetup planned or more of a “If you see us, say hello”?

Travel safe guys!

3 Likes

I think I will be pretty fast, it’s just Jonathan, Pete and Brandon are next level.

7 Likes

I assume Chad may hit a cactus whilst being a beer genie!

8 Likes

Can’t see the elevation profile, but I reckon with a relatively low overall amount of climbing Pete is going to be faster than you all think!

2 Likes

For sure :beers: = :cactus: for Coach @chad :rofl:

2 Likes

The first lap should not count for fastest lap since it is not the same as all others between the running start and a different route at the beginning. Other than that i would hope you guys are all around 1:02 and 1:08 lap times.

Good luck guys hope it goes well for you all!

I did Sleepless in the Saddle about 15 years ago in the UK… at the time I was a pretty handy 1500m track runner (3m 55ish) so ended up doing the first lap with the Le Mans start. Ended up getting to my bike right at the front of the pack and spent the whole first lap being overtaken by people as I was a far better runner than cyclist :slight_smile:
Worst time was about 4am just before sunrise- wasn’t light enough to see by daylight but the bike lights of the time wern;t bright enough to create any contrast so everything was grey. There was a monkey enclosure in the park and the monkeys were all waking up… I’d been awake for 20 hours, surreal experience!

4 Likes

Good luck guys and most importantly stay safe, especially in the early hours. Especially @Jonathan when have bigger plans for this year!

3 Likes

@Jonathan did you intend for us to be able to choose all 5 of you for each survey?

2 Likes