The #CAKEDOPING Thread

Yes! My climbing partner introduced me to this on a very grim early-season climbing trip in the Eastern Townships. We had been wet and cold all day, as most of the rock was still largely covered in ice. He’d brought along a Pouding Chomeur, and at the end of the day, we just sat there with 100 mile stares on our faces, mucking the whole thing straight out of the tray.

1 Like

How did I find myself on Amazon looking at stroopwafel irons???

6 Likes

They actually hold stroopwafels at Costco here. A box with a reasonable size, an unreasonable weight, and an even less reasonable price.

2 Likes

We should organise a meet up in the spring! Maybe a LSD ride to all the local cake spots from Wakefield to Carp. There’s a few breweries along the way too…

1 Like

That makes for one of those cafe stops where you just can’t get your legs going again after.

1 Like

The way this thread is going, we’re going to pedal with knees out to make room for the belly.

2 Likes

I came here to mention that Costco carries stroopwafels. Cheap way to get ~10g carbs in, though I struggle to eat them on the bike as they’re a bit chewy for me and make a mess.

2 Likes

For sure. I’m not a regular group ride person, but always ready for something. Do you ride fixed gear too? I usually jump in a couple of the Sunday Joe Mamma’s fixed rides, the occasional Kunstadt fixed (when they happen). Last big ride was Beau’s but have also done fixed gear Barrhaven - Perth to the Perth Brewery :wink:

There’s the alternative cake of course …

Sort of goes with the thread title :wink:

4 Likes

Would you like a cup o’tea father?

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Always, why ride otherwise lol

:sob:

Don’t look fellow Sugar Free Februaristas!

1 Like

Bad timing. Let them eat cake. Er - you know what I mean.

2 Likes

I only eat cage-free, ethically treated sugar

4 Likes

ban sugar canes?

Don’t eat beeten sugar?

I don’t ride fixed, but I have a good friend who regularly goes out with the fixed guys and occasionally on those Joe Mamma’s rides. I’m also not much of a group rider, as part of what I love about cycling is just being out on the road in solitude. But I do like getting a couple folks together for the occasional group ride. I’ve also got a pretty fantastic brewery ride that is 90% easy gravel roads, bike paths, and rail trail, so no traffic which is perfect for a ride which involves several breweries. Makes for a great day out with a group of mixed fitness level riders, as everyone is just having a good time rolling from brewery to brewery through they day, not trying to get KOMs or put the screws to each other. Doable on 28’s for the route, but comfortable on 32’s

1 Like

Sounds like my kind of ride! Definitely keep me in the loop. I’m working on getting a CX bike right now. Might even be able to get my son out too.

You should try fixed, scary at first but when get the hang of it, it’s so much fun. If you ride a 54-55, I am going to be selling my second one to make way for the CX

1 Like

Damn I just remembered, since I can’t eat any of this stuff any more it is excusable but there is also Gevulde Koek:

Not the best for on the bike but definitely in the recovery food class…

3 Likes

Oh wow, those sound fantastic. I think the high almond content makes makes them a nutrition powerhouse. Strangely I’ve never heard of Gevulde Kopek before, though they are apparently as popular in the Netherlands as chocolate chip cookies are in North America. Maybe too crumbly for a jersey pocket, but I think they’d be perfect for trainer sessions.