The Photo Finish Thread

I just listened to @Nate_Pearson in Episode 199 and can commiserate with his close finish. Let’s share our photo finishes, whether we eked out glory, or came up short by inches.

Here’s my finish from the 2019 Winchester Circuit Race Cat 4. I’m on the left in the Divine Electric kit and this is the race for third place. They gave it to the guy in the RCC kit. So close!!! :cry:

My race video is here (queued up at the last climb):

-David

3 Likes

One from a State Champ race, but this was for the “lead” in the chase group.

• It was against my best friend and long-time rival, and it was one of the first times I beat good ol’ Barrett.
  • And yes, I know world bars are a faux paux, but they were part of my shop sponsored kit… I blame them :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Loosing 2nd place by 0.08 of a second because I didn’t know where the finish line was… and it turned out to be 100 yards further than I expected :man_facepalming::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

3 Likes

Photo of the photo - end of an elimination race at the IVBP Velodrome a few years back. I’m winning with the bike throw with pink letters.

3 Likes

Not quite a photo finish but it was one heck of a sprint up until the other guy called it. I’ve had two genuine photo finishes in mountain bike races but sadly no pictures of those two times.

This was about 4-5 months into my first foray into structured training using TrainerRoad so I was quite pleased with the early results.

1 Like