The TR Crew Should Take on Mt. Washington

We’ve all enjoyed listening to the podcast crew plan for Leadville, Cape Epic, the TBD Ironman, etc. I think it’s time they think about taking on the Mt. Washington Climb. I realize Amber isn’t a full-time podcast presenter, but she is pseudo-local to the event. It’d be great to hear Nate geeking out to create a custom climbing machine.

7 Likes

Yes, this!

Speaking of which…filed under Ross Edgley’s “naive enough to start, stubborn enough to finish” I signed up for this and am SCARED!!! Im 50 only bee nseriously biking/tri training for a few years. Im around 71kg with an FTP in the 250s. Im training for a half tri in June then in will be predominately bike training. Any thoughts on the right 8 week plan? An FTP / FTP/Kg I should be shooting for (outside of "as high as possible)?

2 Likes

I’ve signed up to climb the rockpile this year too! I added this as my ‘A’ event and let plan builder do the rest.

Good luck with your training and see ya out there!

Mt. Washington is a true beast, no other climb like it but it is great. Climbed it last year 3x and I love it, there is almost no way I see myself not going back in the next year or 2

2 Likes

Doing the ride this summer on SL7. Weigh 185 pounds. Other than losing some weight, any advice to make it to the top?

Don’t stop peddling.

I’ll be there this August! I was registered last year but as we know, circumstances intervened. I can’t wait!

2 Likes