Some of you have probably heard of things like the “Colbert Bump”. It was essentially when Stephen Colbert mentioned something on his show, it would gain wide use due to the massive exposure when he featured something.
My question… is there such a thing as the “TrainerRoad Bump”?
I know I have bought a few books (Matt Fitzgerald might just owe TR some royalties ), Nature’s Bakery Fig Bars and a number of other products after hearing them discussed on the show. These are just a couple of examples of things I have chosen as a direct result of the show.
Think back to any of the episodes and whether you have bought a product, book, service or changed your use of something as a result of discussion on the AACC podcast.
So, when these mentions happen, I wonder if the sellers see an increase in sales from the exposure and effective endorsement (whether direct or implied)?
What made you choose to become a TrainerRoad subscriber?
- Ask A Cycling Coach Podcast info/quality
- DC Rainmaker (or other web reviewer)
- A Cycling/Tri friend recommended it.
- Cycling/Tri Forum/Site (SlowTwitch, RoadBikeReview, Reddit, etc.)
- None of the above.
Subscription timing, relative to the AACC podcast:
- Subscribed to TrainerRoad BEFORE listening to the AACC podcast.
- Subscribed to TrainerRoad AFTER listening to the AACC podcast.
- Not an active TrainerRoad subscriber (Why not? )