Time Crunch 30 and 45

choosing-a-plan

If a person was never going to race or compete. If they just wanted to ride and be physically fit have fun with friends do local rides around 60 miles. Would it be better to skip base,build & specialty phases and just do Time cruch 30 & Time Crunch 45. Or are all 3 phases really important for any rider? Thanks

I’m a relatively new rider, and do not race. Personally I found that TR Base has been essential to enjoying group rides and finishing strong on longer rides. Due to injuries in 2018 I haven’t made it thru build yet, and have repeated base multiple times off and on during the course of the year. Looking forward to working a full progression, although I’ll likely try raising my power first by repeating SSB2 a couple times.

Thanks, I know tou’re Going to do great. I didn’t really think about the longer group rides. Thanks a bunch

@ChrisCycle I’ve heard Coach Chad say many times on the podcast to focus on base. You might want to try sweet spot base 1 low volume, instead of time crunch. If sweet spot low volume is still too much of a time commitment, then go for the time crunch plans.

Good luck and have fun!

Just a guess, but I bet there is a cyclical nature to trainining no matter how hard or easy you make it. When work or life stress affect our abilities to put out TSS, I doubt we’ll ever find a steady state (which I think is your real question).

I don’t have much science to base this on, just personal experience and observation of others.

So, whether you label it time crunch 30-45 or whatever, you’ll likely end up seeing seasons in your schedule whether you expect it or not.

Another option is doing the sweet sport base plans and substituting the 30 or 45 min versions of those plans.

I went through the 45 min plan last year and it really mixes things up… kind of like a get real build plan… but it was more of a maintenance thing really. I’d progress through the BBS cycle and if time is an issue just swap in the minus versions of the workouts

Thanks brother