Today’s Plan Software

Hi there,

Is anyone using Today’sPlan? Any thoughts, highlights, lowlights?

Thanks

1 Like

I use it with my coach and I like it. It works just like TrainingPeaks does, though creating graphs to show certain data appears to be harder in Today’s Plan than in TrainingPeaks. That might be a user issue though.

TrainerRoad doesn’t sync with Today’s Plan, so I have to manually download my workouts from Today’s Plan and use the TR workout creator to get them into TR. Once I’m done working out, I’ll need to then download the workout from TR and upload it to Today’s Plan. In practice it’s a quick process.

For outdoor rides I use the Shifter app to get rides from my Garmin into Today’s Plan.

2 Likes

Today’s Plan doesn’t control trainer, right? Unlike TR, I couldn’t do a Today’s Plan workout while riding in zwift, right?

Today’s Plan is shutting down….the industry continues to right-size, post-COVID.

2 Likes

Direct link to the full article.

Color me surprised to hear this was owned by Spesh.

3 Likes

I’ve always used TrainingPeaks even before I had my current coach who uses it. But it’s always a bit of a downer when there’s less competition.

And as always it’s more disappointing when a product has been gobbled up but a larger investor who is much more willing to kill off a product because it’s not satisfying their $$$ goals

1 Like

Yeah, I was surprised by that as well. I somehow missed that announcement when it happened in 2019.

2 Likes

Wow. I remember when they partnered with Zwift. You’d think Spesh would have been promoting them, giving away free months, etc.

I quite liked today’s plan - I used it when they partnered with zwift for the zwift academy in 2017 - all my data is probably still going in there :joy: