Totally New Desktop App! šŸŽ‰ šŸŽ‰ šŸŽ‰

Caught me by surprise because it doesnā€™t do that when I use the mobile version.

Interesting, because I notice the difference in Android mobile as well. Itā€™s possible they adjusted the timing, but the shift is present in all platforms AFAIK.

Maybe @Nate_Pearson, @Bryce, @Ming, @Brittany can shed light on the situation?

1 Like

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Bug Reports for the new Desktop App

Iā€™ve been meaning to ask:

• Would TR reps like us mods to move the ā€œbugā€ related posts into the correct thread or leave them here with a redirect post like above?

That would be helpful for organizing everything. Iā€™m not sure how many bugs were reported in this thread that arenā€™t in the other already. But migrating them over could save some time in the future. If you donā€™t mind, that would be super awesome, Chad!

Iā€™d also like to remind everyone else that our bug reporting thread is here: Bug Reports for the new Desktop App. Posting in that thread will make it easier for us to create issues and be as responsive as possible, so please post bugs/issues there! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Happy to do it :smiley: (as the resident clean freak). I will start by moving any new posts over.

I am happy to roll back and capture the existing ones in this thread too (as part of the overall cleanup).

You actually donā€™t even need to worry with resizing the window if you run the TR-Z move widget from ZwiftHacks in the background. :wink:

3 Likes

I can assure you this was a measured business decision backed up by data. :nerd_face: :wink:

I donā€™t want to give out specific metrics because I donā€™t want to give that info to competitors.

17 Likes

I use only a Windows laptop. I donā€™t have a way to attach a phone on my handbike.

1 Like

Hi- I donā€™t see where I can turn on workout stats in the new desktop app. while i was in workout mode this morning, it wasnā€™t showing an option.
thanks!
Justin

Look to the right side between the top stats and bottom graph, click the [Stats] arrow.

3 Likes

thanks! during VO2 max, not so clearā€¦

4 Likes

I use TR almost daily on a MacBook Pro.

1 Like

I exclusively use TR on my MacBook Air for workouts. I donā€™t own a tablet and have no interest in buying one, as I honestly donā€™t really see where it would serve any of my purposes better than what I currently own. I do have the app installed on my iPhone, but Iā€™ve never used it even once to run workouts since joining and donā€™t really intend to either.

5 Likes

You should only have to enable it once. If you finish a ride with the stats open, they should be open next time you load up a workout. So no need for excess cognitive load on those tough workouts. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@ming the STATS label is so small, it seems the designers are trying to hide it. Which is very odd coming from TR mobile app where its more easily discovered ā€œfront and centerā€ (but you have to swipe).

I really like having real-time interval stats available and viewable from 3 feet. Really donā€™t understand the design choice. Much prefer the TR mobile app and no trouble seeing the interval info.

2 Likes

Excellent improvements!

2 Likes

I see where youā€™re coming from. Itā€™s kinda tricky because that middle divider between the workout graph and the live stats (time/power/cadence/HR) is adjustable. And the whole window is adjustable. So the amount of real estate weā€™re playing with is a bit deceptive. I re-added your suggestion to be discussed again (we made them larger already, but itā€™s worth a revisit).

2 Likes

I use a Desktop and a 55 inch 4K screen with both Zwift and TrainerRoad. It is flawless, however, the only way I got it to work correctly was to use two separate ANT+ dongles and USB extension cables. I have found the Zwift workouts to be lacking and unfocused and unmotivating. Using both apps has been awesome. You minimize TrainerRoad to show as a ribbon on the bottom of the screen with Zwift on top (reduced a little bit to fit) and off you go.

2 Likes

I just used the new desk top app briefly the other day and WOW! Much better! Thank you TR!

1 Like