TR App - Android 8.0 (Oreo) Issues?

On today’s workout I used my Samsung Galaxy S3 Tab - Android 8.0 (Oreo) and the TR app seemed sluggish - slow to respond to “tap clicks” and did not show any In-Ride Instructions.

Is there an issue with TR and Android 8.0?

Thanks.

Hey Brushman!

Sluggishness is typically a result of running too many apps at the same time, which reduces the memory available for running TrainerRoad. We recommend “force-closing” all non-essential applications to make sure that TrainerRoad has all of the power it needs to run properly.

As for the In-Ride instructions, there could be a few reasons for this.

Firstly, it’s possible that your most recent ride simply did not have text. Not all rides have text, but you can check to see if a particular ride does by scrolling to the bottom of the Workout Description. If there is workout text, it will say “In-Ride Instructions” at the bottom.

If your ride is supposed to have instructions, but they are not showing up, then you may need to check your Settings. In the Settings, there is a toggle that says “Show Instructional Text”. Make sure that is toggled on.

I hope this helps! If you continue to have issues, go ahead and reach out to our Support Team at support@trainerroad.com. They’ll be sure to get you sorted out :slight_smile:

Bryce -

Thanks for your reply.

All the preemptive measures you mention were addressed prior to starting.

On the second workout (using the Samsung S3 Tab Android 8.0), the “Instructional Text” was shown, but tap-navigation at the beginning (to set-up workout session…log in, device locating/pairing, calibration, etc…) was still sluggish. Specifically, tap selections were slow to barely responsive. Also, upon workout completion, duplicate copies (2) of workout were again forwarded to my G-Connect account.

I’ve contacted Tech Support. Maybe I’ve missed something…

Thanks for reaching out to Tech Support, they should be able to take a deeper look into your files to see what is going on.

Best,
Bryce