Trainer Road - Do you tell your friends?

I am going to use one of my referrals this weekend to invite a friend who seems generally interested. We were talking about it at swimming this morning and I showed him the app. Having used Zwift also, I can say that one of the things I really like about Trainer Road is how easy it is to get up and going. With Zwift, I had to fire up my computer and pair everything with my ANT sensor. Time is precious and it seemed like it took a lot of time. With Trainer Road, I swap phone cases, attach my phone to my bike, fire up the app and the TV to watch Le Tour reruns on NBC Sports Gold and away I go. Itā€™s much easier to ride at 5:30 am when it is so simple.

And this particular friend is a BEAST already. We are similar swimmers but he is faster on the bike and way faster on the run. And, at least 10 years younger than me. So Iā€™ll tell him. But not the guys in or near my age group! :biking_man::biking_man::biking_man:

1 Like

The folks I race against fall into a few different buckets:

• They have a coach who prescribes their training
  • They race on Zwift, a handful follow plans but the majority seem to race
  • They ride aimlessly on a trainer and outdoor rides, then race into fitness during the season

A few people I race against do use TR, but not many. I tell everyone I use TR when we talk about training, even if every person I race against joined TR - they still have to do the work and be as consistent as I am if they want to win.
To me, itā€™s like hiding powerā€¦seeing someoneā€™s power doesnā€™t mean you can just suddenly train at that power and be as fast as they are.

2 Likes

Hello jgrammel!

I crush my enemies, see them driven before meā€¦ and hear the lamentation of their women! Isnā€™t that what we all do?

No, Iā€™m competitive but not in that direct way - merely taking part already gets me in the top percentile of my coworkers. My part of town thereā€™s only 325,000, but the whole of London has 8,825,000 so Iā€™ve never really had that small community feeling.

I prefer to win simply by being better, so I say: encourage them on to TrainerRoad, give them your best nuggets of advice, your race tips, and when you finish hang about the finish line to clap them in :smile: Youā€™ll win at life anyway :wink:

2 Likes

I especially enjoy the lemntations of their women!

2 Likes