TrainerRoad Calendar has Launched! - List of upcoming features!

I had started a separate thread, but it got pushed out of sight pretty quickly so I’ll add my comment here too:

Not sure if this has been brought up yet (I did a quick check, but not a deep one), but on the calendar can there be or is there a way to have a workout show as complete, but not planned? Example, I did a couple run workouts this week on days that I didn’t have planned, but they showed up greyed out as “Skipped” along with the runs on the days that I did have planned and actually skipped. Once I check the unplanned runs off as complete they show the green check box and logged as “Planned”.

It would be nice to have the separation so when I look back I might see a trend where certain days may end up better for certain workouts either being done as planned or skipped/substituted on other days.

1 Like

From what services are you planning on pulling data?

As a triathlete, this would be huge if I could consolidate down to just TrainerRoad!

Not yet, it’s still a ways out. :frowning_face:

But you can check off the “Time for Swimming, this will impact your weekly total time” item on the to do list in the initial post. It was something I’d been waiting for, by the way. Well done.

Garmin and Strava

2 Likes

Thanks!

maybe a simple one (said by someone who doesn’t have to write the code!!)

how about at the end of the plan a Plan report/summary becomes available, similar to the summary page post ride?

I would envisage it could include (completed/scheduled workouts, actual TSS/planned TSS over the entire plan and weekly, starting FTP/finishing FTP, FTP gain/loss % etc…) all in one file/summary tab and shows how you went over the course of the training plan

this would help in reviewing process goals like, remaining consistent on the plan

4 Likes

This is a good idea, we’ve got some ideas around this but nothing is scheduled first.

1 Like

On the Training Plan pages of the site, a nice brief workout description appears when I hover the mouse over the workout. I’d like to see that in the calendar too.

Thanks, Chris. I know that, and yes, I do upload to Strava. But sometimes this seems to take a very long time. That was my issue.

Hi @Nate_Pearson
Would it be possible to add IF on the weekly totals where it displays the Hours and TSS? It would be nice to see week over week intensity on completed vs planed hours and tss.
I think it would help people to visualize where their training is going ie. working towards to volume vs intensity on thier training cycle. Thanks

@Nate_Pearson:

I am running trainerroad app on my old iPad 3. Everything has been working fine, but quite recently the app stopped loading the future calendar items. It still shows the workout history, but for example the workout planned for today is not shown. When I select the workout manually, it is shown in the calendar after I have finished it. Any ideas?

Same thing here

That sounds like a bug. I would uninstall and reinstall the app. Sorry about that. It’s possible that you have bad data and a recent fix will make it so it won’t happen again. A fresh reinstall will fix that.

Same as above try reinstalling the app.

I just had to make some modifications to my calendar. I would really like to be able to change the calendar to have the weeks start on SUNDAY. It is so weird looking back and forth and having to translate from TR calendar to regular calendar.

I switched to Mon-Sun for everything (Google calendar was an easy swap).

I still am confused why the Sun-Sat calendar every took hold?
It makes planning “weekends” for the majority of people on a Mon-Fri work week just plain odd.

5 Likes

Chad, I’m not trying to fight history. I work every 3rd day so I really don’t care when the week starts except that all the calendars I have start on Sunday and it would be nice to have the option on TR just to match them up. Sure I can go in Google and switch it back and forth but setting it once in TR would be nice. I’ll leave it alone now.

1 Like

I uninstalled and installed the app, but it seems that the issue still exists; at least the future calendar workouts did not immediately load. Let’s see if it works better tomorrow, when it gets more time during my workout.

If not, I can switch to another old iPad (original Air). At least the iOS is then the current version.

Shoot, if you don’t see them when you load it next please contact support@trainerroad.com

Also, give it a bit to load. We don’t have a loading animation so it might be loading workouts in the background.