TrainerRoad Calendar has Launched! - List of upcoming features!

That sounds good :heart:

1 Like

Wow… looking forward to the swim run data pulling fro Garmin! That’s an exciting feature…

3 Likes

I wonder how TR will deal with the TSS of swim and runs it pulls in? I suppose simplest would be to mark all as “zero” until you manually go into the workout and choose the intensity

While I don’t do double workouts often, when I do, it seems the workouts are ordered [deleted] by TSS within that day. For example, here’s where I did the Ramp Test and followed it with Bald Knob:

TR%20Calendar%20Intraday%20Ordering

Be great if they were ordered chronologically, or at least allow me to reorder them manually. Manual reordering would also be nice when planning future workouts that don’t have timestamps yet.

4 Likes

they;re sorted by tss

1 Like

Correct, sort is by TSS.

1 Like

Ah, that’s how they’re sorted! For the few days I do have more than one, TSS just happened to line up with alphabetical. :open_mouth:

Doesn’t change my request though (edited with this new info). I’d still like them to be sorted chronologically if they have time stamps—this is a calendar, right?! :slight_smile: And let me manually order them within future dates.

5 Likes

cause heart rate data from one person to another can’t be relied on to get TSS for running. would this be a good time to encourage using stryd? lol

Looks like we’re getting time/tss breakdown by sport now:

8 Likes

When I am clicking complete on my non-TR activities, the workout automatically closes. This is assuming that we don’t want to change the time and/or TSS of the workout. How often did the workout go exactly as planned, especially when the TSS estimator is a loose estimate. That and the time they estimate for my swimming is not actual time, so I prefer to just update the time spent swimming after I complete the workout, and maybe even adjust the distance.

As it stands now, I’ve got to open the workout twice, once to check that it is done, and then to update it. I tried to update the time spent and TSS first, but if I then check done, it only stores the estimated time and TSS.

@Nate_Pearson Is this something we should send through the official tech support? since I’m not sure if this is a bug, or was planned to work that way.

2 Likes
  • Exactly how are you accessing and applying this change?
  • I ask because on Windows 10, Chrome browser, and the main TR Calendar portal, I don’t experience it closing the workout until I click [Save] at the bottom.
  • I frequently adjust the time and intensity for my runs in this manner.

win 10, chrome, trying to use the calendar with mobile/tablet is a PITA. I’ve only just started doing this the last week or so, and it happens on both my computer at home and at work.

1 Like

@bnied he makes a good point. Maybe this could be in the new design thing.

Mine started doing the same thing recently.

Using Chrome

Related issue to this - when setting an activity as completed the actual duration sometimes defaults to a different value than the planned duration (I believe this is for repeating activities, where it sets the actual duration to the actual duration of the source activity).

@Nate_Pearson is this how it’s designed to work? I personally think it’d be best to always default actual duration to planned duration.

@bnied

See above.

Is getting runs and swims from Strava/Garmin working/ready or is it still manual entry?

It’s still manual I’m afraid. I’m not sure what the timescale is for it to be automated.

1 Like

This definitely sounds like a bug. I spent a bit of time trying to reproduce this morning, but was unsuccessful on both Safari and Chrome.

I will create an issue and see if our Test Team is able to lock down a repro case so we can have a developer take a look.

If you could provide any more information about your browser (and version), and if you are using mobile or desktop it will help us track things down more easily.

Edit: We were able to reproduce this issue when marking a repeating activity as complete. We have an issue in for a developer to take a look at in the near future on this.

We were able to reproduce this in-house particularly with Swim workouts. I’m going to have a developer take a look and get this fixed in the near future. I will post here once we have it taken care of.

3 Likes