TrainerRoad Configuration using Garmin Forerunner 935 + Wahoo Kickr + Iphone

Hi,
I am just starting with my training plan and have the following configuration: Garmin Forerunner 935 (with external HR monitor using bluetooth) and the Wahoo Kickr trainer (also using bluetooth (BT)).

I have the TrainerRoad (TR) app on the iphone and I see that the wahoo and cadence sensors are connected via BT. My Garmin 235 is also connected to the iphone via BT. However, I can’t see my hear rate in the TR app during the exercise. After finishing the training, then I have 2 activities in my Garmin Connect and Strava: one recorded by Garmin with heart rate and power (but no cadence) and other recorded by TR with Power and Cadence (but no heart rate).

Does anyone know how to:

1. receive the heart rate info on TR app?
  2. avoid having 2 activities recorded at the same time? Or maybe combining them?

I had the same issue with my Fenix 5, I like keeping the Training status updated on the watch, which it unfortunately doesn’t get from synced workouts.

So my workflow is the following:

• Don’t connect TR to my Garmin account
  • Delete the the synced Garmin Strava workout after each TR session
  • HR is a bit trickier, I have found only two HR monitors that allow you to connect to both your watch and phone simultaneously, the Wahoo Tickr series (BT to Phone and ANT+ to watch) or a Polar H10 (allows dual BT connections in the latest firmware). From my experience the Polar is far more accurate, the Wahoo has a tendency to freak out and at times and be way off.