TrainerRoad users' bikes

This is my trusty steed, an Opus Allegro

…and this is my ‘firetruck’…Giant TCX

6 Likes

How is the stages serving you? Any problems?

My 2 babies :slight_smile: No pedals on the P3. I swap the Assioma Duo pedals between bikes. I use a 2011 Lapierre Sensium 300 on my trainer with a 4iii power meter. Also got a Specialized Epic MTB 29er.

18 Likes

It’s great. I’ve had zero issues with it. I use it on trainerroad all the time over Bluetooth and I really like how it pairs together to give L/R over a single Bluetooth connection

I’m not usually a huge Canyon fan, but that red and black looks fantastic!

1 Like

Trek Farley. I’ve gone fat. This’ll be my bike of choice for the next 3 or 4 months.

16 Likes

Alu Frame - Cannondale Caad 12

Carbon Frame - Kuota Kom Air

Steel Frame - 1993 Daccordi Mitico

15 Likes

My new 2019 Stumpjumper Comp Carbon (27.5)… First mountain bike… I feel really sketchy at times. I’ve taken one skills clinic which helped a little, but need a LOT of practice. Also first carbon bike, so I’m even more nervous (unnecessarily):

Not even going to bother with my road bike… It’s a Giant Defy 4… Desperately needs to be replaced (yep, I’m running a $750 road bike on a $1500 smart trainer)

17 Likes

My 2001 Merlin Custom Extralight road bike

• This is soon to be a trainer only bike, as I’m getting a Parlee Altum Disc

Parlee Chebacco gravel bike

12 Likes

You don’t need a super light/aero carbon machine when you’re not moving anywhere.

7 Likes

Meet Pinkarello, inside because it’s cold and wet outside.

22 Likes

Supacaz job is a super nice touch! Well done.

1 Like

Up first - my roadie. Cipollini RB800, Sram ETAP, Quarq. Seen here with my Hunt climbing wheels

My beauty - 2012 Giant Trinity Composite 2. A bit long in the tooth now, but still fast, and has had regular upgrades to keep her ‘relevant’. May change next year if I can get a deal on the new Trinity frameset. Ultegra mechanical, Williams 60 CC with Powertap G3.

My pub ride/explorer/hack - Specialized Allez. Second-hand, resprayed, now 1x10 and flippin’ awesome fun. I occasionally put the 60mm wheels from the TT bike on and have some fun with the Wednesday group :wink:

Last, but not least, another ‘home-brew’. This one is a 2009 Yeti ASR-C, with 2x10 and Rock Shox Pike 454 air U-Turn forks. 26", as it’s so much fun (and i’m rubbish off-road) - a hilarious bike to ride.

13 Likes

Nice Cipo, @TristanM

2 Likes

Thanks @nico_synergy. It’s a lot of fun to ride :slight_smile:

Iimage

My new Tarmac Expert Disc, running lightbicycle 56mm rims on Dt Swiss 350 hubs, upgraded cranks, callipers and RD to Dura Ace. Added Easton EC70 aerobar and zipp stem.

This replaced an older S-Works tarmac SL4 which was 6.5kg, and in this configuration the new bike is 8kg. In all honestly i don’t notice the weight difference between the two. The stiffness from thru axles & stiff wheels is far more noticeable when climbing or accelerating out of the saddle, than the weight gain.

Also my experience with Shimano road discs, (after years of working on MTB hydraulics) having them properly bled makes a massive difference. My first few rides the brakes felt ok but levers would pull almost all the way to the bar and had a slightly spongey feel.
After I picked up a set of DA callipers and rebled I went back and rebled again making sure I’d got all bubbles from both the callipers and lever ends. This made a huge difference, now they are way more powerful and have a lot better lever feel too.

17 Likes

Canyon Aeroad DI2 DISC and just added the SRM ROTOR 3D+

22 Likes

Snap. Same bike and colour as mine. Love it.

1 Like

Just two bikes at the moment. I’ll have a Pivot Firebird 29 in January and perhaps a new XC bike in early 2019.

21 Likes

New bike day :slightly_smiling_face:

2019 Trek Domane SL Disc 5

New 105 is so nice.

10 Likes