TrainerRoad users' bikes

Just rebuilt it with eTap…

9 Likes

That S-works cross bike is :ok_hand::+1:

2018 Scott Addict Gravel 10. Bought it in august and have put just over 1,500 miles on it. I’ve added look s-trac race pedals and vittoria cx tires (not here)

13 Likes

@justin What is that on your seat post?

Nice rig! I came across their gravel line earlier today. Very nice offering from Scott. How much did you end up picking the bike up for?

@GravelNut its a flasher light, I was out playing in snow at night before this.
@bigdaddynewt i ended up paying just over $1200 for it. My bike shop was getting rid of the 2018 models so it was a few hundred off.

Ahhh I see. It is a cool looking bike & the dusting of snow gives it a nice panache :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Amazing bikes posted :slight_smile:

I moved to Germany. Did the German thing, couldn’t resist. Love the versatility of the Endurace and a simple wheel & pedal swap. Tubeless on both road (28mm) and trails (35mm).

22 Likes

Nice! Your instagram picture of the gravel tires was a motivation for me to pick up an Endurace in December. Thank you for that! Fantastic tire clearance! With the snow and constant rain here and illness I haven’t been able to take it off road yet. How is the handling?

It handles quite well. If I’m going to be out on trails with a lot of up/down, which is a lot in the area I live (Taunus region), I have lowered my saddle a couple of mm from my road set up. More than anything this has an impact on my psychological outlook and confidence of riding downhill in gravel at high speeds.

I have found that the 52/36 and 11-28 that the bike came with hasn’t been a huge limiter, but moving to an 11-30 for gravel riding would be better. Even moreso, 50/34 chainrings would be smart.

Lastly, the seatpost is so good for off-road/gravel riding and helps a ton in adding a level of comfort that my CX bike doesn’t have. All in all, a positive verdict and I’m a firm believer that the bike is truly a multi surface super machine.

1 Like

That is great to hear! I am coming from an aluminum older model Specialized Diverge. While great, rear clearance was tight. It was also heavier and longer than Endurace. The rides I like to do are 70% road, 30% gravel with steep pitches up and down. Hopeful the Endurace will be perfect for those. And the 2019 I received has 50/34 and 11-34, which is fantastic. Thanks again!

What’s people’s experience with Ribble or Vitus (CRC) bikes? Either have a price that can’t be matched in North America, even after shipping etc. I am considering a 105 disc endurance bike which would leave some room for a wheel upgrade. Specifically looking at the Ribble 872 or the Vitus Venon, although the Venon may be an Ultegra bike since it doesn’t come with the 7000 series 105 yet.

someone was mentioning the Ribble aero bike and how he/she enjoys it. I checked out the brand - prices are indeed very, very reasonable even after shipping to the states.

A 105 Disc bike in Canada is $1000 more (about 26-2700Cdn). Even after shipping at ~250Cdn and another $150 in duty, I’d still save somewhere around $600. I would have considered Canyon, but they still don’t ship to Canada.

You mentioned you had a different CX bike, but if I’m not super competitive in cat 4/5 and am looking for one bike to do it all (mostly road group rides and CX races), do you think the Endurance would fit the bill?

For the occasional CX race, I don’t see why not. Given the tire clearance, good disc brakes, etc, you’re likely to be fine. Depending the course, you would possibly need to give thought to your gearing. With the implementation of good disc brakes on road and CX bikes now, you could also go the opposite way too, with a CX bike that you swap road tires from time to time. All depends on your primary focus, really. But all in all, the versatility of these bikes is reality and you can do a lot with one bike.

[quote="Nate, post:4, topic:231, full:true"]

No one tell my wife how much these costs! They are business expenses!!!

New road bike coming soon!

[/quote]

Nate what are the stands called in the pics above? Do they prevent the bikes from tipping over easily?

4 Likes

Was going to say that looks a lot like the spot adjacent to the MacArthur Blvd lot, where they do the paddling classes. Used to run on the towpath quite a lot when it was on my way home from work.

1 Like

My apologies for the late reply.
There is a chance I’ll be coming out in April. My friend will lend me one of his bikes (he has 8). If it pans out I’ll send you a PM :slightly_smiling_face:

My one and only: A Domane w/ HED Jet 6+ wheels. The frame rides so smooth, and the wheels have to be the best value out there. Not pictured: a recently added Power2Max with red accents to match :slight_smile:

7 Likes