TrainerRoad users' bikes

5 Likes

I have three road bikes. The first was purchased in 1998. An Eddy Merckx Corsa. You may wonder about the Collage fork. The original was bent due to a carelessness on my part. The LBS had a Colnago fork that fit.

Then came the 2012 Trek Madone 5.2. I learned about the Flo Wheels from Episode 63 of the “Ask a Cycling Coach” podcast. Had them two years now and love them. Great deal and good guys to work with.

The latest acquisition is the 2018 Trek Emonda SLR RSL with Di2 and disc brakes.

IMG_0331 IMG_0331.jpg

IMG_1023 IMG_1023.jpg

IMG_1109 IMG_1109.jpg

11 Likes

Great looking rig. 7.13kg - is that with or without pedals?

Here’s mine bevy of pain… Turbo, summer & winter .

3 Likes

It is without the pedals yes. They are 220 Extra. They wasnt On the bike yet, when I weighted it.

Custom flat black Allied Alfa All Road with Campy Super Record 12 groupset, Hunt Aero wheels.

8 Likes

Fatbike, for winter an shoulder seasons. Does not see much use, but extremely fun.

My new Yeti SB100.

Previous mtb. Turner Czar. Suffered a carbon vsvs rock incident and is no longer with me :frowning:
The Yeti is a good exchange though

Roadbike. 2012 Spec Tarmac. This still serves ne well and i cannot find a reason to fork out an insane amount of money for a new roadbike, yet…

Commuter, familytrips and kindergarden duties.

11 Likes

I have the RP38s and absolutely love them, great set of wheels and laughably cheap (relatively speaking!)

1 Like

@batwood14 The Firefly is a stunner. I have one on order. However there is a 20 month wait though. I won’t see it until 2020. What color of the Firefly logo do you have on there? I may go for the same look.

What chainrings are those? That looks like a huuuuge difference between big and small!

This year’s crit bike (Trek Madone 9 RSL H1):

My TT bike (S-Works Shiv TT)

My road race/training bike (Canyon Ultimate CF SLX disc):

My track bike (Specialized Allez Sprint Track RHC)

The list goes on, but these are the primary ones I actually ride. The others are all for sale (collecting dust).

23 Likes

53/39 rotor q’s

@ktimesk Here is a link to the entire album of my Firefly: FF-752 | Flickr

It is totally worth the wait. Totally. I had to wait 15 months for mine, and took delivery last May. Sounds like they’ve gotten a bit busier. It was excruciating, but now that I have the bike it is truly an heirloom ride. I’ll change components over the years, but the frame will last forever. And it’s fast, fun and light as hell.

I will also recommend to you that when it gets close to your time in the construction queue, fly to Boston (if you don’t already live there) and get a personal fitting from Kevin. If you’re going to spend that kind of cash on a bike, you’ll want it dialed in to the absolute millimeter. I flew up there – it was a great experience, and the finished product is better because of it.

4 Likes

@batwood14 Thanks for the link. It is gorgeous! I live in Columbus, OH. I used to live in Chicago a few years ago in the city. You can be sure that I will be flying to Boston to have the fitting done. I am not going to repeat my mistake with Seven (Anothr Ti Bike builder in Boston; My own fault, Head tube too long, and I have to ride kindof upright). You’re right for that kind of money, I don’t want to risk any problems.

Thanks again for the reply and the insight. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Jeez.
color me jealous.

1 Like

How do you like that Seven!?

1 Like

Domane slr

Emonda slr

7 Likes

Exceptionally well done! without being a turd, id love to see it in the big ring so the RD was stretched out in all its glory… Very nice choices all the way around, congrats

New bike - 2018 model on run-out prices! :smiley:

It’s a stock bike with the exception of a Specialized Power saddle and some cheap cages. I de-stickered the wheels as I hated the graphics!

Weight for L size (i’m 6’4"), with ultegra pedals, cages, Giant Garmin mount & Edge 510 is 7.8kg.

10 Likes

Hey Jonathan how about a throwback to a mx pic or 2?