TrainerRoad users' bikes

Ha, I just saw it on reddit!

1 Like

Yeah I’m on there too. It is actually because of Reddit that I found out about TrainerRoad.

This came out of retirement in the February sunshine today. First time I’ve ridden it in… 4 years maybe. I forgot how much hard work pump tracks are - tired in thirty seconds, without pedalling!

9 Likes

Cheers! I must admit the tan walls are my favourite part about the bike.

My fun machine, Specialized Stumpjumper 650b. I use this bike for my regular rides and gravity enduro racing.

12 Likes

So you did order it? I’ll take cred for that. :smiley:

You should take credit, man! You were the one that turned me onto it. I was really dead set on an Epic Evo or a Yeti SB100 – but when you mentioned the Agonist, I started researching it . . . and it was that + the my LBS (two blocks away from my home) is a BMC dealer that sealed the deal.

Everyone I polled was pretty adamant that servicing mountain bikes is a much bigger deal than road bikes – so having someone so close to be able to look after it really got me thinking this bike made sense.

The nearest dealer that had an Epic is 30 miles away…and I couldn’t fine anyone within 300 miles of Chicago that stocked the SB100.

I wanted to get the higher model Agonist (Called the ‘02 One’) but their distributor was sold out. So I got this one – the ‘02 Two’ – and it should be in this week. The frame and shocks are exactly the same as the higher model and it has a better color scheme, if I do say so myself – the only difference on this one is that it has a lower end groupset, no dropper post, and less expensive wheels. I’ve already ordered a dropper post and new wheels . . . and I’ll upgrade the groupset once I get better at riding it – if I think I’ve earned it :wink:

Thanks again for the rec! I’ll post a picture once I take delivery :metal:

3 Likes

Great! Sounds like you found a good match in your LBS too. I’m glad I was able to help. I know you’ll be happy with the BMC they ride terrific. I look forward to the picture because the Agonist is one sweet bike!

Calibre line 10 MTB and Orro Terrra C gravel

10 Likes

Here’s my bike, carrera crossfire 2 2015 model. Bought it initially for commuting but then really starts enjoying cycling and currently training for a century ride in July. Looking to get a new road bike in the next month or two

8 Likes

The DUB spindle for Stages is now out. So BB30 arm with Dub Spindle and I believe a Wolftooth Superboost Camo spider and whatever size camo chainring you would like.

The above people mention the quarq, not sure the chainring options for that currently are superboost compatible, so about 3mm too far inboard, but would likely still work.

Nice GURU.
FYI - The engineers and founders at GURU started a new company called T-Labs primarily focused on performance oriented titanium bikes. Still Montreal based.

1 Like

That’s awesome… happy to hear it! I follow one of the former painters in Montreal too… top notch and on standby for carbon repair!

My bike! Orbea Orca 2018. Full Dura-Ace and Pioneer powermeter. Lately it spends more time in my room on attached to the trainer than riding outside…

10 Likes

What are the specs on your commuter, the Giant?

Oh, Did you mean recently?

14 Likes

Just landed! :fire::fire::fire::fire::fire:

30 Likes

Bearclaw Beowulf

26 Likes

That bike is fuckin’ sweet. Love the Bearclaw brand.

2 Likes

Just back from the shop with switch from last gen Ultegra 6800 (with non-series hydraulics) to Dura-Ace r9120. The upgrade is even better than expected :sunglasses:

19 Likes